Search for content in message boards

FTM 2014 - Media/Hints/Merging

FTM 2014 - Media/Hints/Merging

Posted: 21 Nov 2013 5:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Nov 2013 5:15PM GMT
When I talked to Support they expressed surprise that I never receive a Hint/Leaf for a photo or story in FTM as I do with my synced tree on Ancestry.com. Am I supposed to receive photo or story Hints in FTM, or were we talking at cross-purposes?

In FTM when Web Search on an individual offers up "Public Member Photos and Scanned Documents", and I click to select one, the Search result detail frame always shows "Data not available. Family Tree Maker cannnot merge information from this record collection. We are working on a solution. Please check back at a later time". This even applies when the photo/story is one of mine, in one of my other trees on Ancestry.com.

The best I can do is double click on the matching record opening up the tree itself, navigate to the Media Gallery in the tree then use the media web clipping tool. Is this the only available alternative or am I missing something?

Grateful for any advice,

Garnet

Re: FTM 2014 - Media/Hints/Merging

Posted: 21 Nov 2013 8:53PM GMT
The message says it all "We are working on a solution"

It is a known problem and Ancestry is working on it.
There is NO work around and there is NOTHING you can do to get it to work. It is their (Ancestry's) problem.

Posted: 22 Nov 2013 9:52PM GMT
Agree it is a known problem, as I have known it for 5 years with the purchase of 4 different versions of FTM :o) When Support indicated she did not have that problem on her own copy of FTM, I began to wonder if it was just me.

So we all have the same problem with the error message. Do we all also not receive photo or story Hints/Leaf in FTM? On that one Support clearly said she did receive those Hints.

Posted: 22 Nov 2013 10:44PM GMT
Do you have "Search online automatically when connected to the Internet" checked in Options, General?

If it is unchecked, you will not see hints while in FTM.
Attachments:

Posted: 23 Nov 2013 12:20AM GMT
Thanks for the suggestion. But yes I definitely have that checked. Occasionally I uncheck the box for seeing trees....so I can focus on the records. With or without the tree box checked, but always with the search online automatically checked, I never get Leaf/Hints for photos and stories on FTM.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic