Search for content in message boards

David Walker

David Walker

Posted: 19 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 Jul 2001 2:42AM GMT
Surnames: Walker
I'm looking for information on the family of David Walker, found in the Washington county census of 1840. Where did he come from?

David Walker

Posted: 10 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 16 Aug 2001 7:33PM GMT
Surnames: Walker, Washington, Smith
If you are speaking of the same David Walker that I am.
He came from Logan County Ky abt 1833, he was married to Jane Washington, Daughter of Whiting Washington(cousin of George) and her mother was Rebecca Smith Washington. Rebecca and her sons Charles Marshal and Whiting Washington, Jr. also came to Ar abt 1836.
I am trying to obtain a copy of a book of letters published by the Washington Historical Society called the life and times of David Walker. do you know anything abt this book?
Lois

David Walker

Eugene Sherburne (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Walker, Sherburne
I have a copy of the Walker Family Album Published by the Washington County Historical Society in 1964. I also have several other booklets that were also published on the subject. David Walker was my Great/Great Grandfather and E.H. Walker was my Great/Grandfather. I have alot of info. on the Walkers that I would be willing to share. You could also contact the Special Collections Division of the UofA this is available online. If I can be of service let me know.

Washington and Walker

Eugene Sherburne (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Washington, Walker
Sorry, I do not know if any reprints are available. It was published by the Washington Co. Historical Society in Fayetteville, Ar. Edited by W.J. Lemke in 1964. There was also a booklet published by them entitled The Walker Family of Northwest Ar. compiled by Allan S. Humphreys. Unfortunately neither one has the pictures you want. Have you tried the special collections at the U.of A.? Just so you will know Whiting Washington was my G/G/Great Grandfather, are we related?

Washington and Walker

Posted: 15 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 16 Aug 2001 7:33PM GMT
Do you know if they have done any reprints of these booklets? If not could you give me names and titles so that I could see if I can get interlibrary loan. Our Ky Library
has the book of letters that was published by Washington Co.
Historical Soc.

One of the things that I have been searching for is a drawing or picture of the Whiting Washington 19 room mansion, in Logan Co Ky. The ruins of this home is behind my sisters house and we picked up some bricks and dug up buttercups that were there prob. in 1820's when the family
lived there. David Walkers wife was the daughter of Whiting
Washington of course.
I have been in touch with a number of Washington/Walker researchers by way of internet.
Lois

Re: Washington and Walker

Elaine Eure Henderson (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2002 8:32PM GMT
Hello, my Grandmother, Mrs. Laverta Ferguson of Temple, Texas told me that the Walkers came from Fayetteville, Arkansas out of Kentucky to Texas circa 1839. I need to find the entire group. How can we get this publication reprinted in the day of copy machines, please!
Elaine Eure Henderson, jelaine222001@yahoo.com in Huntsville, Texas, Walker County, last home of Gen. Sam Houston

Liz Burks (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jul 2004 11:17AM GMT
Surnames: Walker Brown
I am researching the surname "Walker"- specifically, Lizzie Walker Brown (born 1884? and died 1923-1926?)- she and her husband, Willie L. Brown, lived in Tattnall County, GA during the birth of her last child- which was 1923. It is thought that she died soon after the birth; however, I have not been able to locate the exact date or the county in which she died or burial place. If anyone can provide information on this Walker - please e-mail me: mandlburks@corrcomm.net Lizzie Walker Brown - parents were William E. & Elizabeth M. (Betty) Presley Walker (possibly from the SC area?) they had several children.

Posted: 19 Jul 2005 9:05PM GMT
David Walker was a brother of my ancestor, Emily Walker. They came from Todd, Jessamine County outside of Lexington, Kentucky. The family moved with the cousins to Allen County, Kentucky and then, on to Fayetteville.

Posted: 29 Jul 2005 3:26PM GMT
Surnames: Walker, Washington, Hawkins
David Walker's family came out of Allen County, Kentucky, out of Todd, Jessamine County, Kentucky, Brunswick County, Virginia.

Posted: 29 Jul 2005 3:27PM GMT
Please note the change of email address: elaineohenderson@hotmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions