Search for content in message boards

Munford Cemetary

Munford Cemetary

Posted: 5 Jul 2002 5:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Does anyone have a map or something that would give me a clue as to what area of the cemetary I would look for a certain grave that I know is there? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Munford Cemetary

L. Smith (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jul 2002 12:42PM GMT
Contact George Baddour at the Munford Funeral Home. He can probably help you. The address is P.O. Drawer M, Munford, TN 38058. The phone number is 901-837-0123.

S. Forbess (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jul 2002 1:43PM GMT

Shaina,

Munford Cemetary is actually in Covington. I believe that Maley-Yarbrough Funeral Home has a "map" of some sort. You might check with them.

Shaina Kinney (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jul 2002 11:13PM GMT
Thanks! I knew it is in Covington. Have been there actually. I just can not seem to find a couple of the graves that are suppose to be there and I am not sure where I should have been looking. It is a huge place. Thanks a bunch for the help though. I will call Maley Yarbrough and see if they do actually have some kind of map.

Kenneth Smith (View posts)
Posted: 29 Sep 2002 4:37AM GMT
Munford Cemetery is owned by the city of Covington. David Gwinn at city hall has a map. You can contact him or give me the name you are looking for and I will do it.

Shaina Kinney (View posts)
Posted: 30 Sep 2002 11:55PM GMT
Thanks for the info!! I will reach him when I get some time. Thanks again! :)

Sonja (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 2002 8:29PM GMT
Good luck...I had a very hard time finding a grave in that cem. I tried and tried to get a map of it and never did...I finally had to go walking through it and I was lucky..because it is huge.
Maybe the city should ask for volunteers to map it.

David A. Gwinn (View posts)
Posted: 1 Mar 2003 8:09AM GMT
Munford Cemetery in Covington, Tennessee is owned by the City of Covington. The only complete map of the cemetery is in my possession as Superintendant of Munford Cemetery. This map only records the names of the individual map owners and not the individuals buried on said lot. I also possess in my Archives maps for Townsend, Mt. Carmel Cemetery, Walton Cemetery, Indian Creek Cemetery and Tipton Memorial Gardens as well as the most complete cemetery records (marked as well as unmarked graves) of all of Tipton County's Cemeteries that exists.

Patty McCraw (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2003 5:40AM GMT
Surnames: Blankenship
My grandfathers father and his grandparents are buried in the Towmsend cemetery, The CLARK FAMILY. His father was William Stanley CLARK. Died 11/23/1887. Who I have been looking for is my grandmothers family and haven't had much luck. They were from around Tipton Co. My grandmothers name was Pearlie Mae Blankenship B: August 9. 1888 D: June 8, 1962 in Ok.My grandparents married April 17, 1910, his name was Lawrence Addison Clark (L. A. or Lonnie). Her parents were John and Lucy Blankenship. I don't know their birth or death dates. I'm new at this and can't seem to find them. If you can help me I
would appreciate. They had 2 more children Myrtle and Amon.

David Leadford (View posts)
Posted: 5 Mar 2003 10:19PM GMT
I would like to know if you have a complete list on ElmGrove Cem. Write or call me at 901-837-7897 if you have any thing on this cem. thank you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic