Search for content in message boards

Risdon Cooper Sr and Jr

Risdon Cooper Sr and Jr

Marilyn Cooper Herring (View posts)
Posted: 12 Mar 2000 5:50PM GMT
Looking for any info on these two Coopers. They were in NC in 1830. Trying to prove family line. Risdon Jr is the father of Henry, James, Samuel, John and several others. Henry, James, Samuel made it to Texas,not sure about John. John is the father of William M Cooper.

Re: Risdon Cooper Sr and Jr

Posted: 27 Oct 2001 3:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Sep 2002 1:38AM GMT
Surnames: COOPER
Am also working on this family - Risdon Cooper Sr appears in 1820 Wilkes Co NC census; Risdon Sr & Jr on 1830 Ashe Co NC census; Risdon (probably Jr) appears on 1840 Macon Co NC census; and Risdon Jr (misspelled as Reason) appears on 1850 Union Co GA census. Risdon Jr's daughter, Caroline Cooper married Thomas Jefferson Rollins on Sept 25 1851 Union Co GA. This is my line. Would love to compare and share info.

Posted: 3 Jul 2002 12:51AM GMT
Marilyn,

Are you the daughter of Leroy and Ruby? If so, I have visited with your folks in their home several times. Your Dad is sure that he is connected to my line; Thomas,Risdon Sr., Risdon Jr., Samuel, Alex, and then me. We just can't make the connection, however. It has been some time since I have heard from Leroy. I hope they are O.K. Give them my best regards.

I believe you have been in contact with my cousin, Evelyn Walters, who is working on Risdon SR and JR.,too. If you think I have any info that you need, please contact me.

Ila Cooper

Posted: 3 Jul 2002 1:10AM GMT
Kay,

I think I read that you are connected through the Rollins family line to the Risdon SR and JR line. Have you corresponded with Evelyn Walters? She is a cousin that is working on the Cooper genealogy. If not, I may have some information that might interest you. Please contact me.

Do you know Leeoma Howery of Mineral Wells? I think that I have pictures of some of Thomas Risdon Rollins' family.

How do you fit into the lines? I am from: Thomas, Risdon Sr & Jr, Samuel, Alex, S. and then me, Ila Cooper.

Hope to hear from you. ilacoop@aol.com

Kay,

I think I read that you are connected through the Rollins family line to the Risdon SR and JR line. Have you corresponded with Evelyn Walters? She is a cousin that is working on the Cooper genealogy. If not, I may have some information that might interest you. Please contact me.

Do you know Leeoma Howery of Mineral Wells? I think that I have pictures of some of Thomas Risdon Rollins' family.

How do you fit into the lines? I am from: Thomas, Risdon Sr & Jr, Samuel, Alex, S. and then me, Ila Cooper.

Kay,

per page

Find a board about a specific topic