Search for content in message boards

John Sheridan who left Ireland for Scotland

John Sheridan who left Ireland for Scotland

Posted: 27 Dec 2012 7:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Sheridan
Can anyone help me find the John Sheridan born about 1828 in Ireland, whose father was supposedly named Peter. He left for Scotland and married an Elizabeth Pringle in Wigtonshire in 1853 and died in 1873. I am hoping to find the Sheridan's in Ireland connected to this John Sheridan so I can identify the county in which he was born and hopefully make a visit this summer. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much, Kevin

Re: John Sheridan who left Ireland for Scotland

Posted: 28 Dec 2012 6:40PM GMT
If he died in Scotland, you should get a copy of his death certificate as it will normally have his parents names listed. You may then be able to search for his parents marriage. However if he was RC, be aware that not all parishes have records for the 1820s or earlier.

Sheridan is a common name and this may be difficult to trace.

Re: John Sheridan who left Ireland for Scotland

Posted: 28 Dec 2012 8:46PM GMT
Thanks - Indeed I found his death cert on ScotlandsPeople.com but it only listed his Dad's name (Peter). No Mom's name which was especially strange because the informant was her Grandson (also named Peter). No County in Ireland listed for either the Senior Peter or John.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions