Search for content in message boards

Seeking information on the following Taylors

Seeking information on the following Taylors

Posted: 17 Jan 2003 1:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Mar 2006 4:21AM GMT
Surnames: Taylor, Crawford, Riddle, Evans, Lucas, Widner, Martin, Mason
John? Taylor born around 1740. He fought in the Revolutionary War.
John Taylor 1778-1842 married Elizabeth Crawford. They had about 10 children. I do not know all of their names.
Children:
1. William Taylor born 1800 in PA
2. Wilson Taylor
3. James Taylor
4. John Taylor 1807-1871 He was born in PA. Married Sarah Crawford. Must have moved to Iowa after his sons birth.
Child:
John Taylor born May 2, 1843 in Adams Co. Ohio. Fought with Co. A 36th Infantry Iowa.

5. Mary Taylor born 1816 in Oh married Samuel Riddle
child: John T. Riddle fought with the Co. A 36th Infantry Iowa married Harriet Miller

6. Emma Taylor married John? Lucas
7. ? Taylor married Widner
8. ?Taylor married Evans
children:
Lavina Evans married ?Martin
Jessie Evans married ? Mason

William George Taylor

Posted: 25 Feb 2003 2:45PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2003 4:18AM GMT
Surnames: Taylor
hello I'm also researching the Taylors, I have a William George Taylor on my side don't know who his parents are he was born in PA.in 1826moved to Iowa married Lucy burdick.william was a harness maker.and served in the Civil war.

Re: William Taylor

M. Byrum (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2003 4:25AM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2003 4:17AM GMT
Surnames: Taylor, Marrs
This is what I know about the William Taylor in my family tree maybe it will sound familiar. I do not know his middle name. He had a son named John. John was killed in an accident with a runaway team when his son George was four years old. George was 60 in 1923. John had some daughters one of their names was Betsey Marrs. George had two children twins, Helen and Harold. Harold would have graduated from law school in 1924. Helen was married, but I do not know her married name. If this does sound familiar, I have lots of information to share with you:)

William Taylor died June 27, 1890

sandy (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2003 2:17PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2003 4:18AM GMT
my william taylor died june 27, 1890 he had three daughters ada,my great grandmother Lorena, and Nettie.

Searching for ancestors of Claude Taylor, born 1915

Posted: 11 Mar 2003 1:10AM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2003 4:19AM GMT
Surnames: Taylor, Nichols
Im trying to research my family line, but Im falling short on the Taylor side of my family....unfortunately my grandfather, Claude Taylor, born on October 20, 1915 and died on January 22, 1997, didnt speak much of his family, and his children and wife, Lucille Nichols, never saw his parents or even heard of them. So, when he died, he left behind a mystery of who his parents were. Im currently trying to find his parents names so i can trace the line back farther, but so far, no luck.

Re: Claude Taylor

Posted: 11 Mar 2003 1:19AM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2003 4:20AM GMT
Surnames: taylor
where did your family live,do you know how many children they had. did you check the census?

Roots of Taylor family from New York

Posted: 11 Mar 2003 1:21AM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2003 4:20AM GMT
the roots of almost all of my family are from Ny (including Gowanda, Buffalo, Smiths Mills and Wellsville), and I have no idea how many children my grandfathers parents had besides him...like i said, my father didnt know his paternal grandparents at all, let alone his aunts and uncles from his fathers side.

Re: Seeking information on Charles Taylor

Posted: 11 Mar 2003 1:33AM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2003 4:21AM GMT
I will try to locate them in the census, for you. I am having a problem myself trying to find my gg grandfather.parents all I know is thaat he was born in penn,about 1827.

Re: Roots of Taylor family from New York

Amanda taylor (View posts)
Posted: 11 Mar 2003 11:50AM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2003 4:23AM GMT
If you could find me some information it would be very greatly appreciated, thank you!

Re: Roots of Taylor family from New York

Posted: 11 Mar 2003 1:41PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2003 4:23AM GMT
I found his ss number and the last place he lived was 14070 gowanda cattaraugus, NY get a copy of his death record if you can, they give an informant name, almost always a family member, then you can search them to find out more nformation, go to the cemetary to see who else is in the family plot.they may have more family names.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic