Search for content in message boards

william wesley herring

william wesley herring

Posted: 12 May 2005 5:34AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: herring
William wesley's father was one of 7 brothers that migrated from ireland before 1862. I am searching for info on his father. William wesley was born 7-20-1862 in Jefferson co, Texas. He died 11-16- 1954 of a heart attack. If you have any info please send it my way... thanks carol

Re: william wesley herring

Posted: 30 Jun 2005 11:14PM GMT
I believe we are looking at the same line, since William is my great-grandfather.

William Wesley Herring's father was John William Herring, born (I think) somewhere in North Carolina around 1827. His mothers name was Susan A. Herring (no maiden name found).

From what I've been able to find, John's father may have been the one who immigrated from Ireland. However, in the records I've been able to find on line, he never gives his parents' names.

William is buried in Haynesville, LA.

Posted: 5 Feb 2007 4:28AM GMT
Surnames: Herring Woodard Guest Henry Gilliland Vickers
He is my Greatgrandfather. I don't know if we have been in touch.

Posted: 7 Nov 2007 2:04AM GMT
Surnames: herring, woodard, mccauley, liddick, byroms, slover, chapman
Hi Irene, and all that posted on this thread. William Wesley Herring is my great-grandfather also. I'm researching on William's father's [John Herring/b:NC]father and his brothers that came from Ireland. I don't have any names YET. However, I had an idea to look for Lewis Herring of the group, only because William named one of his son's Lewis. I have found names have been recycled a lot over many years. It's just a 'grasping any straw' idea, but you never know unless you track anything that comes along. Sometimes you hit pay dirt. Carol Norton, in this thread, you gave me a bit of information I didn't know. Thank you. Have you found any other information about the father and brothers that came from Ireland? I hope you see this. I know your message is a bit old. I'll keep plugging away. Just some extra information on. I got information from familysearch dot org today. I didn't know John W. Herring ran an underground railroad to help free slaves in the Texarkana area. The info also said he had a father and six brothers from Ireland. [not new information, but it stated this] I would like to know what John Herring's wife, Susan A.'s, maiden name is. I have a picture of Susan holding Cullen Montgomery Herring when he was little. She looks like a Native American to me. She was a beautiful lady.

Please notify me here, or write me at bravynn@yahoo.com if you have any leads for me.

thank you,
Barbara aka/bravynn

Posted: 11 Nov 2007 6:38PM GMT
Correction to my message before this one:

...about the tintype picture -- Susan Amanda holding 'Cullen Lewis', not Cullen Montgomery

Has anyone found John W. Herring's father's and brother's names yet that is said to have come from Ireland? I'm still looking.

Barbara

Posted: 21 Sep 2012 4:13AM GMT
I am also looking for information about this family. I am a decendent of Artha Alvine? Herring Bean (William W. Herring's sister. I think i found that John W Herring married Susan Lewis. Any new info about the irish immigration or the brothers? My great grandpa Andrew Bean said William married a indian wife. My email is chanel.sean@yahoo.com

Posted: 22 Sep 2012 1:57AM GMT
My GG Grandfather is Lewis Parnel Herring born 1849. He seems to have just "appeared" in Livingston parish and stayed there up until right before he passed in 1933. I'm not sure where he came from but I would love to know!!

Posted: 22 Sep 2012 3:44PM GMT
Surnames: Henry-Guest-Woodard-Herring
I have some information if you are interested. William Wesley HERRING is my Great-grandfather.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions