Search for content in message boards

Morrisons from Scotland

Morrisons from Scotland

Bev Harwood (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jul 2000 9:18PM GMT
Am researching Morrisons in Scotland from around the Clackmannan, Alloa area. My Dad was born in Dollar, Scotland in l890. Anyone have any information I would be pleased to hear from you. Bev

morrison from scotland

Posted: 12 Jul 2000 5:02PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 3:48PM GMT
I have a John Morrison born 1730 In campbelton, argyll, Scotland. His parents were William Morrison and Janet Hall.
Is this who you are looking for?

re: Morrisons - reply to Kathy

Beverley Harwood (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jul 2000 8:28PM GMT
Thanks for the reply. I am not that far back in my research. The John Morrison I refer to was my father, born in Dollar. Bev

reseaching morrisons in scotland

bob morrison (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jul 2000 6:55AM GMT
Subject: Morrisons from Scotland

Posted by: Bev Harwood
Message: Am researching Morrisons in Scotland from around the Clackmannan, Alloa area. My Dad was born in Dollar, Scotland in l890. Anyone have any information I would be pleased to hear from you. Bev

dear Bev ,
how far have you got in your reseach
well looks like you have the basics ,like you have the place and date of birth ,possibly have a copy of your dads birth certificate if not i know hwere you can get hold of one , from the
register general
new register house
edinburgh
eh1 3yt

just wondering how you could find out more like trying to get hold of a AOL MEMBER FROM SCOTLAND MAYBE with the MORRISON surname or you would have the details from your daddys birth certificate like his parents names you can get copys of his fathers birth certificate if you know where and when he was born .

well good hunting if you need any help with the hunt for family just ask and we see what we can do.

bob

Morrisons from Scotland

answer to Bob Morrison (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jul 2000 9:11AM GMT
Hi Bob - thanks for the answer - I am back to about 1797 with the Morrisons but am stuck there. Also would like to track down any living relatives as my g/father had 8 brothers so there must be some lurking around. Thanks again Bev

happy hunting

Posted: 21 Jul 2000 9:47AM GMT
well i have my father and grandfathers birth certificates which i needed to get my passport before i could go on holiday to vist my AOL friends in the USA back in AUG 1998 .
so you have gone futher than me ,as at the time that was as far as i wanted to go .
unless you can find a local relative in scotland it makes it a bit hard to do your searching bit like me, looking for Aunty Rita in liverpool who is my mothers sister who than could give information inrelation to my grandparents who traveled to the usa in 1918 ,maybe to start a new life ,where my mother was born in 1918 in new york city ,so the search goes on .

bob

Morrisons from Scotland

to Bob Morrison (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jul 2000 12:33PM GMT
Hi Bob - I don't know of any relatives in Scotland although I am sure I must have some.
I see you are also looking for relatives from Liverpool - my Mother was born in Liverpool - she was a Clamp. Bev

HAVE FOUND LOADS OF LINKS TO LOOK AT

Posted: 21 Jul 2000 12:40PM GMT
SEND ME YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS AND I PASS THEM ON TO YOU

Morrisons from Scotland

to Bob Morrison (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jul 2000 1:24PM GMT

MORRISONS FROM SCOTLAND

Posted: 21 Jul 2000 10:11PM GMT
Edited: 17 Feb 2002 2:55AM GMT
I would like to get further info on MORRISONS. I am descendant of James and his won William (ca17__-____) who married Elizabeth (Jones). They settled in Cabell Co., WV early 1600's. Many descendants here now.
Thanks.
Cleda
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions