Search for content in message boards

Patrick Kerr, b.~1800 in Ireland, m.~1820 in Ireland, Migrated to Quebec, Canada, between 1820-1827

Patrick Kerr, b.~1800 in Ireland, m.~1820 in Ireland, Migrated to Quebec, Canada, between 1820-1827

Posted: 5 May 2001 4:03AM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2003 6:16PM GMT
Am searching for any information about a Patrick Kerr, with the above information. He seems to have migrated from Ireland to Canada between 1820 and 1827, as he married in Ireland around 1820, but he had a son born to him in Canada in 1827. We have no information on his wife. We have reason to believe his son was Robert Kerr, born May 1827 in North Gore, Quebec, Canada. Robert married Eliza HENDERSON in 1851 in North Gore, Quebec, Canada. Robert and Eliza Kerr had a son, William Kerr, who was born in 1852 in North Gore, Quebec, Canada. ... At some point between 1852 and 1876, this Kerr family migrated to Boston, MA. William Kerr married Elizabeth HANNAH in Boston, MA, in 1876. (We assume Elizabeth's family migrated from Scotland to Boston when she was 3 months old.) This Kerr family remained in the Boston area to the present day!

Patrick Kerr

Donald Kerr (View posts)
Posted: 6 May 2001 7:58AM GMT
Hi betty, I have two bettys on the go here and I am not sure which is which although the messages seem to be similar enough. To make sure that we are on the same wave length, drop me an e-mail direct. I have info on imigrants to Canada who did not make it past the quarantine station on Grosse Ile in Quebec during the 1800's. I also have info on Kerrs who settled in Quebec, of whom I am a descendant.
donald.kerr@3web.net

Betty and Betty - Both Me! :o)

Posted: 6 May 2001 10:01AM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2003 6:16PM GMT
Hi Donald, I think it's me - twice! I've got queries on both GenForum.com and FamilyHistory.com, and I wrote to you directly through your e-mail address. George and Mary (Dexter) Kerr were my grandparents in Boston. His parents were William and Elizabeth (Hannah) Kerr of Boston, but he was born in North Gore, Quebec.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions