Search for content in message boards

Voss family - Wisconsin

Voss family - Wisconsin

Posted: 21 Jan 2011 9:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Voss Haefer/Hoefer
Is anyone out there researching the Voss family in Sauk Co? My grandfather was Frederick Charles Voss, married Ella Haefer, his father was Christoff Voss, born in Dane Co . WI. Looking forward to hearing from anyone out there. Judy Nichols Beloit WI

Re: Voss family - Wisconsin

Posted: 23 Jan 2011 2:28PM GMT
Hi, I dabbled in Voss family in Wisconsin however I have not been very active as I am busy with my family. I have extensive Voss tree from Sauk & Dane County, however, none of your family names fit in my tree.
The only reason I replied is because my gggrandfather, I am sure, had siblings (which I dont know who - maybe Augusta and Christoff) and I thought my tree was the only one that settled around that area and then to have you asked got me confused! Specific name of town your grandfather born?
Maybe we can dig deeper using census (I dont have access to it).

Posted: 24 Jan 2011 6:21PM GMT
Hi,
I have it back to Johann Heinrich Wilhelm Voss, and wife Marie, who had 5 children, Peter Heinrich b. 1844
Heinrich Wilhelm b. 1846, and Anna b. 1849 in Germany, they then came to Wisconsin where Ernest Christoph (my great grandfather) was born in 1857, and Marie Katherine was born in 1862 in Blooming Grove, Dane Co. Ernest moved to Sauk Co., and my grandfather is his son Frederich Charles. Where do you live? J. Nichols

Posted: 24 Jan 2011 9:51PM GMT
I live near Rio.
This line is not even close enough. I have Johann Friedrich Voss (1808) m. Mary Milbrath and had 11 children, which Henry Frederick, number 8, (1852) was my ggrandfather.
So your line must have included a friend of mine, Dave Voss formerly of Lodi. Johann came from Schwartz in Pomerania.
Johann came to America with wife, three children and mother in law in 1844. Ah,so frustrating! Maybe a connection somewhere?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions