Page 442, 443, 444 of "Last Mountain Echoes" by the Govan History Association, published in 1980 lists the following on the Landstrom family.
Oscar was the son of John Landstrom who emigrated from Sweden to Minnesta, USA in 1868. Oscar was born in 1871 on his fathers homestead near the town of Cokato. At age 27 he married Amanda Sundwall of Cokato (daughter of John Sundwall) and homesteaded near Black Duck, Minnesota.
In June 1903 he travelled to Regina then on to the Govan area and filed a homestead on the SE 32-27-22 W2. The next spring he arrived back in the Govan area with his wife, daughter Olivia, son Clarence and his wife's sister, Hannah Emily Sundwall (later Mrs. Christian Larsen).
Also arriving in Govan in 1904 were Amanda's father John (he emigrated from Sweden to the US in Oct. 1880, died in 1925) her brothers,Oscar, Emil and Andrew.
Oscar died in 1960, his wife in 1958.
Oscar and Amanda had 5 children:
- Olivia married Swan Lundeen moved to Fort St. John, BC. , four children Harold, Marvin, Darlene, Mardel.
- Victoria, born in the Sundwall district of Govan, married Justin Slind moved to Archerwill, SK. Four children, Ardelle, Jean, Joy and Merle.
- Harry married Violet Weberg of Spalding. Four children, erlin, Hazel, Lorraine and Kenneth.
- Alvin married Ida Olson of Govan. Four children, Dale, Laverne, Bonnie and Wendy.
- Clarence married Edna Fenske of Nokomis. Four children Evelyn, Lloyd, Marilyn and Wayne.