Search for content in message boards

pos Tasmanian aboriginal heritage

pos Tasmanian aboriginal heritage

Posted: 30 Aug 2005 12:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Apr 2011 5:25PM GMT
Surnames: Smout, Owen
Hi there,

Researching my 3rd great grandmother Grace owen who was born in Llanboden, wales. She married Abraham Smout in 1850, Newtown, Montgomeryshire, Wales. They immigrated to Australia in the 60's. She died in 1909 in Kew, Melbourne, Australia.

Anyone know of her?

Abraham Smout and Grace Owen

Posted: 30 Jun 2008 4:47AM GMT
Surnames: Smout
Hi, I have just seen your posting re Grace Owen. Last week I started doing a family tree for a friend Norman Goodwin. Today 30 June I looked on the internet and found your listing. Norman lives in Melbourne. I found he is descended from

Florence Grace Wilson and Norman Francis Goodwin
Maud Smout and Frederick Wilson
Edward Smout and Annie Bowden
Abraham Smout and Grace Owen.......2xGreat Grandparents

parents of Grace unknown as yet.
parents of Smout are Abraham Smout and Elizabeth Lewis

What is your name and where do you live.
How is Norman related to you.
We would love to hear from you.

Regards

Leonard Pearsell

Re: Abraham Smout and Grace Owen

Posted: 18 Feb 2009 11:52PM GMT
Surnames: Smout
Hi I'm a descendant to Grace Smout, her parent were Edward Smout and Annie Bowden.Grace was my great grandmother to my father side married Sidney Rawson.

Re: Grace Owen Smout

Posted: 3 Apr 2011 7:49AM GMT
Surnames: Smout, Bowden, Owens
This post was deleted by the author on 7 Apr 2011 2:49AM GMT

Re: Abraham Smout and Grace Owen

Posted: 3 Apr 2011 7:50AM GMT
I am a great great grandaughter of Abraham Smout and Grace Owen. Their son Edward William married Annie Bowden, and their youngest child Sydney Phillip Smout was my father's father. My dad was Donald James Smout, son of Sydney Phillip Smout and Vanda Grace Smout(nee Cardwell) of Preston in Victoria Australia. Donald was born 15/3/1926. I am one of six children of Donald and Grace Mary Smout (nee Smout), also born 15/2/1926. Grace Mary was one of four children of Florence and Tom Smout, who lived in Dookie in country Victoria, Australia. The Preston Smouts are not related to the Dookie Smouts for as far back as we have gone.
Mary Antonello (nee Smout squared!)

Re: Grace Owen Smout

Posted: 5 Apr 2011 10:44PM GMT
Hi Mary
Are you still looking for Annie Bowden's descendants in TAS? I'm trying to find it but no success.

Ross

Annie Bowden pos Tasmanian aboriginal heritage

Posted: 6 Apr 2011 9:22AM GMT
Edited: 6 Apr 2011 5:23PM GMT
Surnames: Bowden
Hi Ross,
I've only just begun to dabble, and am taking up where my father left off. I've been procrastinating as I know I'll get completely absorbed and do nothing else once I start. Too late! I saw a death notice that had a name I recognised, and that started it!

Dad had some info about Annie Bowden, but was concerned that she seemed to have changed her name on the boat over Bass Strait. The family has always believed she was part aboriginal, and some months ago my eldest sister in Echuca met someone indigenous from Tassie, who had a laptop with an Tasmanian aboriginal heritage database, and the name was in there. It might not have been her, but the dates fitted.
I'm really new at this, but I'll be at it from now on.

Cheers,
Mary.

Re: Annie Bowden pos Tasmanian aboriginal heritage

Posted: 10 Apr 2011 11:50AM GMT
Hi Mary
According to Jill Smout said Annie came to Victoria with her "father" and "brother", perhaps she didn't change her name herself as if her "father changed her name?
I've met Grace Smout's grandson Noel, said something about prison ship from Tasmania, I thought Annie was on this prison ship for free passage to Victoria?

Ross

Posted: 11 Apr 2011 2:14AM GMT
Surnames: Bowden, Smout
Jill Smout and I went through my father's records yesterday, and found nothing concrete. I'll keep looking. The original post on this thread was from a close member of my family who is now deceased. I have inherited the job from her, and from my father it seems.
Mary.

Posted: 11 Apr 2011 2:46AM GMT
A skeleton in cupboard! I'll ask my dad to contact Noel if any info on Annie, I'll let you know.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions