Search for content in message boards

Emily Roberts

Emily Roberts

Martha Cain (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2003 3:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm looking for info on Emily Roberts. She was born in TN and married Matthew Castleberry from GA. They lived in Liberty Twp, Van Buren Co., AR. Their children were all born in AR. Please contact me if you have an info.

Re: Emily Roberts

Pam Mathis (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jan 2003 5:25PM GMT
Surnames: MATHIS ROBERTS COX JONES GRANT
I am looking for information on a BENJAMIN ROBERTS. He was supposed to have been born in TN also and settled in Jackson County, Arkansas about 1847. Would there happen to be any connection? Thanks!

Martha Cain (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jan 2003 11:36PM GMT
Emily Roberts was born around 1819 in TN. She probably married Matthew Castleberry around 1840-41 but I don't know where. Their first child was born in AR in 1842 in Van Buren Co. Do you have dates on Benjamin? Could he be a father or brother? There might be a connection since they were both born in TN.

Pam Mathis (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2003 8:36PM GMT
Benjamin Franklin Roberts was born Dec. 18, 1923. I have seen 2 different locations of birth TN and NC. He died July 14, 1896 and is buried in Roberts Penix Cemetery in Arkansas. He was married to Elizabeth Joyce Stufin.
Thanks, Pam

Posted: 27 May 2003 4:55AM GMT
Edited: 26 Aug 2003 12:07AM GMT
Surnames: Roberts, Sutfin, Penix, Berry, Jennings, Young, Jamison
Hi Pam, Benjamin F. Roberts was b. 1823, all sources say N.C. except one -lists as in GA. (?) Where did you find a b. in TN. Would love to know of Elizabeth's TN. connection with the Sutfin family of Poinsett, Greene and Craighead cos. As first found on the 1840 census.
Roberts family first shows up on the 1850 census, and the Penix families are first seen on a poll tax in 1851.
Roberts sisters married Penix brothers and in 1846, Mary Ann Penix is b. to Caroline Roberts and Henry H. Penix in AR. so we know they were there before these dates.
Did you ever get a copy of the Mathis/Roberts marriage record? If you did, I'd like one also.
Good Luck, GLO
per page

Find a board about a specific topic