Search for content in message boards

Jarrett's From Harris County Georgia

Jarrett's From Harris County Georgia

Posted: 22 Feb 2010 7:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jarrett/Jarrot
Jarrett/Jarrot

I am a Jarrett descendant researching Jarrett's from Harris County, Georgia and surrounding areas of Milner's Crossroads, Valley Plains, Hamilton, and Shiloh.

I am looking for information such as slave inventories, bills of sale, deeds and any other information that may assist me in finding out who owned my Jarrett ancestors during slavery. I have very little information to go on and would appreciate any assistance you may be able to provide.

My g-g-g-grandparents were Benjamin Jarrett b. 1816, Georgia and Eliza (Lizzie) Jarrett (maiden name unknown) b. 1818, Georgia. My g-g-grandparents were Victoria Farley b. 1847, Virginia and Benjamin Jarrett b. 1850, Georgia

Thank you very much,
Annie
email: ourgenealogy@hotmail.com

Re: Jarrett's From Harris County Georgia

Posted: 11 Mar 2010 5:55PM GMT
Surnames: Jarrett, Copeland, Whitehead
Hi - are you the Jarrett/Jarrot descendant I talked to from California. I am a great grandaughter of Rosa Jarrett daughter of Julia Jarrett Benjamin Jarrett's sister whose mother was Eliza married to Benjamin Jarrot. I think Benjamin and Eliza were descendants of mulattos or multi-racial people and not necessarily of slaves. Her daughter Julia Jarret said her family had some roots in the area of northwest India now called (Pakistan) who came over and became indentured to the Copeland family and by way of England. The photos I have bear witness to this.

Eliza's daughter Julia Jarrett had first married a Copeland who had a Cora and than had children by a white "Gaorg" Jarrett whose children included Rosa and Ulysses. The Copelands were supposedly slave owners. Because of the last names of the people the Jaretts and mulatto Copelands were related to it is probable they were descended in part of the "mixed" group of mainly Free People of Color called Lumbees. Most of these people were cousins.

Some of this I know from the family reunions back in the 70s.

Posted: 12 Mar 2010 11:16PM GMT
Hello to you too cousin!

Thank you so much for responding to my post. No, I'm not the cousin from California but oh how I wish I were apart of that conversation; sounds like it was very enlightening. I'm the cousin who sent you an email thanking you for some previous information. I am the g-grandaughter of Walter Jarrett whose father was Benjamin, Jr., Julia's brother. And of course, the g-g-g-grandaughter of Benjamin & Eliza. Perhaps we can work together to fill in some missing gaps. If it's not asking too much, could you pleeeeeez, pretty pleeeez, send me copies of the photos? I would love to see what our ancestors looked like. Please let me know when the next reunion is scheduled; I'd like to attend. If it's okay with you, I'd like to discuss our family connection in further detail. You can contact me through the email address listed below for more information.

Again, thank you so much for responding to my post.

Best to you cousin,
Annie

email: ourgenealogy@hotmail.com

Posted: 15 Feb 2013 4:04AM GMT
Hello My name is Robert Shropshire and I have been trying to connect the dots to my maternal grandmothers family gm was Louise Jarrett-Shropshire she was the daughter of James Jarrett who was the son of Will Jarrett for Harris County Georgia, lets work together and connect the dots and and fill in the blanks.....

Thank You
Rob Shropshire

Re: THELOUISESHROPSHIREFOUNDATION

Posted: 20 Feb 2013 12:31AM GMT
Hello Cousin Rob,

Nice to hear from you. Based on the information you've posted, I believe there is a family connection. If you would like to discuss this in further detail, please feel free to email me at: ourgenealogy at hotmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions