Search for content in message boards

Charity Fowler Rainwater married to James Rainwater

Charity Fowler Rainwater married to James Rainwater

Posted: 24 Apr 2007 7:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rainwater, Fowler, Wright
Anyone have any kind of info at all on Charity?? I know she was born 1780 in NC and I know some of her children. She was married to James Rainwater.My grandfather always said that his grandma (her) was 1/2 Indian. (I realize alot of people said that) Anyone else heard any similar family story? Thanks, Shawn

Re: Charity Fowler Rainwater married to James Rainwater

Posted: 18 Aug 2007 4:04AM GMT
The canonical list of children for this couple is:

John Nelson Rainwater, ca 1798 - 20 Oct 1867
Moses Fowler Rainwater, 18 Jul 1804 - 3 Jan 1886
James Rainwater, ca 1811 - 9 May 1894
Sessom Rainwater, ca 1812 - between 1852/1860
Catherine Rainwater (Baker), ca 1819 - ??
Anna Rainwater (Wright), 3 Jul 1825 - 21 Aug 1899

Posted: 10 Sep 2007 6:40AM GMT
I have a Mary Ann Rainwater who married Jeremiah Henley in Hancock Co. MS. She was also said to be half Indian, and Jeremiah was from North Carolina. Do you reckon they could be kin.

Posted: 21 Nov 2007 8:13PM GMT
Surnames: Burge, Henley, Perry, Rainwater, Regan, Stockstill, Varnado, Warden
Mary Ann Rainwater was wife of Burrell/Burwell Perry. Their daughter Mary Ann Perry married Jeremiah Henley. Mary Ann Rainwater was b. abt. 1768 in Franklin Co.,NC, her parents were James Rainwater & Catherine Ann Regan. She died abt. 1851-1859 in Hancock Co., MS. Burrell died in Texas.
Mary Ann Perry who m. Jeremiah Henley was b. in NC. She married Jeremiah in LA or MS. in early 1800s. I have heard that there was indian blood in the family but not sure who its from or which tribe. My Granny was grand daughter of Elizabeth Henley dau. of Mary Ann & Jeremiah Henley. She (Elizabeth) married John Thomas Jefferson Burge.
Marcie

Posted: 4 Dec 2007 5:50PM GMT
Surnames: baker rainwater riley
there was a rainwater married to andrew baker i the in nc it was his first marriage there isn't a first name if you find anything please let me know i am also looking for our native roots and am related to andrew baker's line brendaphenis@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions