Search for content in message boards

BOYLE, O'DONNELL, CONNAHAN,RODGERS in DONEGAL

BOYLE, O'DONNELL, CONNAHAN,RODGERS in DONEGAL

Jim Doran (View posts)
Posted: 7 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BOYLE, O'DONNELL, CONNAHAN, RODGERS, DORAN, FEENEY

BOYLE, O'DONNELL, CONNAHAN, RODGERS, DORAN, FEENEY, from Wisconsin USA (Marinette), Michigan
USA (Menominee, Escanaba, Beaver Island), Ohio USA (Cleveland), and Ireland, DONEGAL
(Templecrone and Raphoe) and CARLOW

My Ancestors. Looking for any connections.

JOHN DORAN, b. 2 Feb 1850, County Carlow, IRE, d. 17 Jul 1936 Menominee, Menominee
County MI (son of WILLIAM DORAN). He married JULIA FEENEY, b. 18 Mar 1857 Cleveland
OH, d. 6 Sep 1945 Marinette, Marinette County WI(daughter of PETER FEENEY).

JOHN DORAN arrived in USA at age six, probably in Oconto County, WI; married JULIA FEENEY abt.
1875, WI. JOHN and JULIA'S first child was GEORGE EDWARD DORAN, b. 11 Jul 1876 Oconto,
Oconto County WI, d. 17 Apr 1957 Menominee, Menominee County MI. JOHN and JULIA moved
to Menominee, MI, in abt. 1880. JOHN AND JULIA's other children were AGNES, FLOYD J., LEO T.,
CHARLES H., and MARY ELIZABETH. Following the death of her husband JULIA DORAN(fEENEY) moved
to Marinette, WI to live with her son GEORGE EDWARD DORAN.

GEORGE EDWARD DORAN married MAE MAJORIE BOYLE, the daughter of JOHN S. BOYLE, b. abt. 1942,
County Donegal, IRE, d. 1920 MI, and MARY CONNAHAN, b. 15 Aug 1854 Raphoe, County Donegal,
IRE, d. 1935 MI

JOHN S. BOYLE is the son of DANIEL BOYLE and CECELIA O'DONNELL.

MARY CONNAHAN is the daughter of CHARLES CONNAHAN, b. 1801, IRE, d. 1891, Marinette, WI,
and MARGARET RODGERS, b. 1811, IRE, d. 1907, Marinette, WI (daughter of JOHN ROGERS and
MARGARET "Unknown").

JOHN S. BOYLE moved to Beaver Island, MI in 1859; MARY CONNAHAN arr. Beaver Island in abt.
1868; later married there. CHARLES CONNAHAN and MARGARET RODGERS moved to Beaver Island,
MI at abt. the same time, lived there 20 years, later moving to Marinette, WI. JOHN and MARY
moved to Escanaba, MI for a time, and then to Menominee, MI in abt. 1881.

GEORGE EDWARD DORAN and MAE MARJORIE BOYLE are my grandparents. Note: Marinette County, WI,
and Menominee County, MI are adjacent to each other on the border of Upper Michigan and
Wisconsin.

I am looking for any siblings or ancestors of JOHN DORAN or JULIA FEENEY; also a place name
for JOHN DORAN's birth in County Carlow. JULIA FEENEY had one sister I know of, whose married
name was Mrs. JOHN RACHFORD of Oconto, WI (I do not know her given name); also birth record for
MARY CONNAHAN, b. 15 Aug 1854, Raphoe, County Donegal, IRE; also looking for any relatives of,
and dates and places, for DANIEL BOYLE, CECELIA O'DONNELL, CHARLES CONNAHAN, and others.

Further information on the above mentioned surnames, and others, can be found on my web site at

http://www.homestead.com/gpapa/files/doranfam.htm

Thanks, Jim Doran CA USA

Relative/

John Boyle (View posts)
Posted: 16 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Boyle, O'Donnell
I am a direct descendant of Patrick Boyle and Cecelia O'Donnell of Beaver Island. I have some data on descendants and am trying to research antecedents. I tried your website but can't access the links. An error message from Homestead is received.

Re: Boyle, O'Donnell, Connahan, Rodgers in Co. Donegal and Beaver Island, MI

Jim Doran (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Boyle, O'Donnell, Connahan, Conaghan, Rodgers, Rogers
In response to John Boyles' query regarding Jim Doran's web site. I had a problem with my web site at Homestead. It should be fixed now.

Homestead site:
http://www.homestead.com/gpapa/files/doranfam.htm

I also have a site at Family Tree Maker, that URL follows
http://www.familytreemaker.com/users/d/o/r/James-Doran/

Regards, Jim Doran

Re: BOYLE, O'DONNELL, CONNAHAN,RODGERS in DONEGAL

Posted: 18 Mar 2010 4:33PM GMT
Julias sister was Barbara Irma Feeney Ratchford born 10-19-1860 Ft. Atkisson,Jefferson Co. WI married John Ratchford Jr
Nov 26 1880 She died 12-8-1946 in Oconto. WI She was my
father's maternal grandmother. He was the son of Lillian
Gertrude Ratchford and Erwin Emerson Ainsworth of Shawano
WI

Re: BOYLE, O'DONNELL, CONNAHAN,RODGERS in DONEGAL

Posted: 27 Jun 2013 4:26PM GMT
Surnames: Doran
Julia Feeney Doran was the daughter of Peter Feeney b 1931 In Ireland. Her Mother was Mary Welsh/Walsh born in Irelandl
Her sister Mrs John Ratchford Jr. was Barbara Irma Feeney who is my father's grandmother. Can you give me the parents
of Peter and Mary?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions