Search for content in message boards

Hensley Search, KY

Hensley Search, KY

Michelle (View posts)
Posted: 21 Dec 2000 8:41PM GMT
I am just beginning this search of my dad's family. I am looking for a connection to CHESTER ARTHUR HENSLEY b. 1919. His father was Benjamin Hensley, mother Luetie Lee. I have also heard rumors of relation to Patsy Cline. I also do know that some family was from Cumberland Gap region of KY. Can anyone help?

Hensley

Posted: 28 Dec 2000 7:01PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jun 2002 11:42PM GMT
12-28-00

I'm not sure which branch you belong to. My grandfather was Thomas Lee Hensley. I can trace him back to the late 1790's to a Samuel benjamine Hensley. Patsy Cline was a cousin of grandaddy. There is a book called The Mongers A Family of Old Virginia by Billie Jo Monger. It traces grandaddy's line back through marriages, especially to the Dean families which was my grandmothers maiden name. I checked the book for a Chester Arther son of Benjamine Hensley. He was not listed. All of grandaddy's people were from Rockingham Culpeper Counties in Virginia.

Pat Falls

Eastern KY.

Shannon Hensley (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 2000 4:23AM GMT
From Mr. Shannon Clay Hensley. I was born 10/27/58 (White)in Morehead, KY. My father Franklin Delanoe Rosevelt Hensley was born in Rush, KY. His father Sherman Hensley lived there but I'm not sure where he was born.

hensley search

charley (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jan 2001 11:57PM GMT
goto the mormons web sight,a lot of help
family search.org

Hensleys in Eastern Ky.

Posted: 11 Jan 2001 7:35PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 2:02AM GMT
Michelle --- There were a lot of Hensleys in Clay County, Ky. Several married into the Spurlock family. -- Ken Haas

hensley in ky

holly quinn (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jan 2001 1:09PM GMT
hi was wondering if you would have info. on ebbie hensley barger of clay co ky my dad was ted barger i am adopted was looking to see what i can on my family thanks
holly quinn (pansyBarger )

Hensley-Bsrger-Spurlock

Posted: 12 Jan 2001 2:11PM GMT
I trsearch mostly Spurlocks 1800-1880. They defintely were inter-married with Hensleys and Bargers in Clay Couny but I have few records later ihan 1880. Type in "Spurlock Genealogy Forum". When you get it,type in "Barger" abd you'll get data on Barger/Spurlock. Then type in"Hensley" . Also try "Abdrew". You do not have a name back to 1880, do you ?? ---- Ken Haas

HENSLEY-SPURLOCK

Posted: 25 Jan 2001 10:19AM GMT
Edited: 11 Nov 2002 1:45PM GMT
KEN-CAN YOU PLEASE E-MAIL ME WITH ANY INFO YOU HAVE OF THE HENSLEY FAMILY IN CLAY COUNTY. THESE ARE MY FAMILY AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THEM. MY FATHER DOESN'T KNOW ALOT, AND MY GRANDFATHER HAS PASSED AWAY. IF YOU COULD HELP ME I WOULD APPRECIATE IT. THANKS.

Hensley-Spurlock

Posted: 25 Jan 2001 2:59PM GMT
Off=hand I have John Spurlock,born ca 1835 in Ky., son of Andrew, living in Clay County, precinct 9, Bull Skin, in 1880. Wife was Matilda Hensley born ca 1839 in N.Car.Children wereIrvin (married a Holland) born 1866, Martha (1867), Archy ( (1869), Susanna (1872), Alabama (1876) and Laura R.(1879). I may have others if these are not yours. Read the message boards. i just had a query on Archy recently.The bad thing about e-mail is that it helps only one person. -- Ken
Posted: 26 Jan 2001 3:01AM GMT
Edited: 1 Jun 2002 7:43AM GMT
Michelle, I too am a Hensley. I have been searching for a number of years. Still don't have a lot, but getting there. I do have a rather long piece of paper with about 160 names on it. One name being Benjamin. Would be happy to mail you a copy. Also a connection to the Hensley Mountian- Cumberland Gap and a connection to Patsy Cline. I do not have a scanner but e-mail me lepchion@bscn.com with your physical addres and I will be happy to mail copy to you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic