Search for content in message boards

Belizean Fairweathers

Belizean Fairweathers

David Fairweather (View posts)
Posted: 17 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fairweather, Usher, Merrick
My name is David Merrick Fairweather, born 12/17/53 in NYC.

I would like to get information about the original Fairweather(s) who came to Belize from England. I'm also told that I may be related to a patriarch named Benjamin Usher.

My father was Elwyn Benjamin Fairweather. (My mother is Norma Merrick, daughter of Dr. Walter Ernest Merrick of Trinidad.)

Elwyn Benjamin Fairweather's father was named Elwood Fairweather (I think). Henry Clifton Fairweather may be the oldest living Fairweather. I believe Elwood was Henry's brother.

Henry C. Fairweather is a celebrated figure in Belize. I will be attending his 96th birthday party in Belize next month and would love to have as much family information as possible when I go.

Re: Belizean Fairweathers

Posted: 28 Jun 2002 3:13AM GMT
new email is barbg419@msn.com
Just was looking in my genealogy.com subscription of misc. data yesterday and found this notation: Frank Fairweather, page 2711*, of Belize Honduras. His wife was Jane, daughter of James Ochterlony, Isle of Man. (died 1780) They had a son, James Theodore, b. 1890/
*American Families with British Ancestry.
Hope this helps. Barb

Posted: 18 Jul 2002 6:13PM GMT
Edited: 4 Apr 2005 7:49PM GMT
I do family researches in Belize and I can assist in the Fairweather family if you wish my asistance. Please feel free to contact me, regards.

Posted: 14 Nov 2012 4:28PM GMT
Hi,

George Fairweather from the UK here.

I believe Robert Fairweather came to Belize in the early 1800 from Forfar in Scotland. Tried to attach a copy of my efforts of a letter he sent to his brother when about to sail.If it doesnt work email me direct and I will send.. bit late for Henry's 96th birthday or any other I suspect!

GF

Posted: 14 Jan 2014 2:37AM GMT
Thanks for the help! I've been away from Ancestry.Com for many years but just got back into it! Thanks again!

Posted: 14 Jan 2014 2:39AM GMT
A very belated Thank You for your help! Any vital statistics on Robert Fairweather of Scotland would be appreciated

Posted: 14 Jan 2014 2:41AM GMT
A very belated thank you! The Fairweathers of Belize are a HUGE family! I have started a tree here on Ancestry.Com. Feel free to take a look and make any suggestions or corrections as I'm sure its full of errors!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic