Search for content in message boards

Littleton Tazewell Ellett family, lived in Kentucky

Littleton Tazewell Ellett family, lived in Kentucky

Nancy Ellett Staggs (View posts)
Posted: 22 Aug 2006 7:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Nov 2006 1:57AM GMT
Surnames: Ellett, Clark
My Father: Littleton Tazewell Ellett, born in Ohio, grew up in Virginia. Married Willie Lee Clark & lived in Kentucky until his death. My brother is Littleton Tazewell Ellett Jr. My father had 4 brothers and one sister: Orrick, Chilton, Andrew, Cannon and Nancy, all deceased.

My name is Nancy Lee Ellett, born in Boyle County KY. I now live in Southern California.

Re: Littleton Tazewell Ellett family, lived in Kentucky

Posted: 7 Jul 2007 12:29AM GMT
hello! my name is john white and i live in florence, al - recently we purchased an old victorian in the historic downtown area and have been trying to research the origins of the house - i have found in the court house a document stating that an A.L. Ellett built our home in 1889 and his wife was named Lucie - my research shows him leaving the area for ohio - i've found in a 1910 census an andrew l ellett (age 52) has a son littleton (age 20) born in alabama - the site i found this on is www.ellett.org.uk/ohio.htm - this would possibly be your grandfather? please write back! would love to find more if possible... thanks so much for your time!!

Posted: 22 Dec 2007 8:33PM GMT
Dear Nancy,

My grandfather was Chilton Ellett, brother of Littleton. Chilton married my grandmother, Hortense Ray(e)(?). Their child, my mother, who died last year at 95 years, was named Nancy Lee Tazewell Ellett. My mother lived in Lexington, KY and was brought up by Nancy Ellett, affectionately known as Manan. My sister is Nancy Lee (age 77), her daughter Nancy Tazewell (Tazie - age 47) and her namesake daughter (Ellie). My daughter is Elizabeth Tazewell. What a wonderful name and heritage.

Posted: 22 Dec 2007 9:04PM GMT
I was so thrilled to get your message. Manan was my "Aunt Nan". She was my father's only sister. I adored her and spent a lot of time visiting in her home in Lexington. I remember climbing into her big bed and she'd read to me. She was a wonderful, loving sister to my dad, Littleton Sr. He died at age 63 of lung cancer. My brother Littleton Tazewell Ellett Jr. died 12/20/06 at age 83. He lived in Louisiana, had 3 children and 11 grandchildren. The name of Ellett will be carried on by his two sons. Chilton Sr. was my dad's brother and the one he was closest to. I didn't know Hortense, but I knew Golda, his 2nd wife, and their son Chilton Jr., who passed away a few years ago. I am Nancy Lee Ellett (was named after your mother). I am 77 years old now, just retired 3 years ago, live in California and lead a very active life. I have two grown children, 3 grandchildren. Please respond and tell me more about you and where you are located. I am so proud of my heritage.

Posted: 6 Feb 2010 3:51AM GMT
Nancy... if you are still around, I would like to contact you. I am your brother's daughter...we met at your 40th class reunion..my mom was Pauline Clifford.
She died 12 yrs ago....I got a letter from Andrea that Lit passed away...hope u are ok..please contact me please.....

Posted: 6 Feb 2010 5:10PM GMT
Nancy, do you still live in so. calif.? I am your niece, Joycelyn, my mother was Pauline Clifford. Would love for you to respond if you can.

Posted: 6 Feb 2010 5:49PM GMT
Surnames: Ellett
Hi Joycelyn,

I'm still here! I live in So. CA. If you'd like to write me, send to my email address & please send me yours. It's: rebel392@juno.com

Nancy

Posted: 7 Feb 2010 12:54AM GMT
Amazing....I didn't know if anyone would be looking at this since the last posting was several yrs ago....I will email you so it is a bit more private.
Thank you so much for contacting me. Joy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions