Search for content in message boards

Fischer Story

Fischer Story

ted Powell (View posts)
Posted: 10 Dec 1999 12:35PM GMT
I am looking for a longshot response.
The Fischer family immigrated to the US
from near Berlin in the late 1800's. Three brothers came through New York but in a mixup
one brother and his family were separated from the rest of the family. The other two brothers moved to South Dakota and never heard from the brother again. Does anyone have
such a story in their history. I would be glad to talk to anyone with any information.
tpowell@ysd.k12.sd.us
Posted: 26 Jul 2000 6:37PM GMT
Edited: 25 Aug 2002 9:31PM GMT
We probably do not have a match as I do not know too much about my heritage....I am just starting my search. My father, grandfather, and great-grandfather are George (Nicholas is middle name) Fisher. Great-grandfather dropped the "C" out of the last name. Any info?

Re: Fischer Story

Posted: 25 Jan 2009 10:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Just noticed your message. Wife's Fischer family has such a story. Brothers Joseph and Jacob Fischer settled in S.D. Nothing is known about brother Chris. Other than he was supposed to have went back to Germany. Entered US via N.Y. in 1875.

Posted: 26 Jan 2009 12:03AM GMT
Surnames: fischer , langendorfer, kittell, bender dietz, ward, , freeman,
i guess you say my query about the fischer family i am search william g fischer born in 1839 and his wife charlotte born in 1832 they emiagrated in the years 1841 and 1857, they are buried in fillmore cemetery in wny, erie county, also frederick fischer born in 1826, i would like to see census records after 1880 as i can not access ancestry.com. alos seraching for information on elmer kittel, he may have gone to ca, and also william j fischer may have gone to califronia too, do you have access to ancestry,com also some fischer may be found on the lds ,org site, thank for your reply maybe some day we can connect, ann derner 365 stoney bottom rd, front royal va,

Posted: 26 Jan 2009 2:11AM GMT
Surnames: Fischer
Dear annderner27

I am sorry, that my Fischer clan comes from India around 1800's, and I have found my cousins which are living in Spain, UK, and two here in Australia. I have non living in America or so I believe. Good luck in your search, but you never knew what is around the corner. I am also searcing for my uncle Leopold's father who was with the Austrian Parliament, and my uncle's back ground is Adaztevel in Hungary.Leopold Markus Fischer b.16th April 1881 Adaztevel in Hungary and his wife Irene Elizabeth Freda b. 19th May 1897 in Poona India and they have 4 children, 3 girls and 1 boy. I am not sure if they are in ur family tree as well or u could be related to them, as this is un sure.

Best Regards
Lesley

Posted: 26 Jan 2009 2:13AM GMT
Surnames: Fischer

Dear SBeasley1_1

I am sorry, that my Fischer clan comes from India around 1800's, and I have found my cousins which are living in Spain, UK, and two here in Australia. I have non living in America or so I believe. Good luck in your search, but you never knew what is around the corner. I am also searcing for my uncle Leopold's father who was with the Austrian Parliament, and my uncle's back ground is Adaztevel in Hungary.Leopold Markus Fischer b.16th April 1881 Adaztevel in Hungary and his wife Irene Elizabeth Freda b. 19th May 1897 in Poona India and they have 4 children, 3 girls and 1 boy. I am not sure if they are in ur family tree as well or u could be related to them, as this is un sure.

Best Regards
Lesley

Posted: 26 Jan 2009 8:25PM GMT
Surnames: langendorfer, twactman, bender , berner, kittell, dietz ward, kittell, fischer
my fischers are of course from wny they came to this country from prussia in 1841 and 1859 i do not know what ship they came over on yet, can't find them on any immigration or census records with out being able to get out to the archives or to a genealogy library to find out more information i do have their burial stone photographys and some death certifactes and census records, but i need to know if elmer fischer every married and i am also trying find out if another ancestor amanda kittell married, if you can check census records in kansas that would help as that is where some of the kittles moved to after leaving wny,

Posted: 30 Dec 2011 10:18PM GMT
I am looking for info on Jacob Joseph Fischer and Joseph Jacob Fischer who settled in SD. in the 1880's They had a brother Chris who disappeared ??? back to Germany. Does anyone have info on the rest of the family in Germany?

Posted: 31 Dec 2011 4:57AM GMT
sorry, none of our relatives went to SD.

Posted: 17 Jan 2012 6:23AM GMT
I do believe I might be related to some of you. Susanna Fischer was my great-grandmother. I am from Armour, SD. My name is Susan Villmow Fox.

Susanna Fischer is the daughter of Georg Christoph Fischer and Susanna (Gall) Fischer.

Susanna Fischer was born on June 4, 1872 in Gnadenfeld, South Russia; and died September 15, 1940 in Delmont, SD.

Susanna married my great-grandfather, Henry Heinrish Peter Villmow in 1892.

Susanna came to America in 1887.

The Fischer family of Freeman, South Dakota, has a large 3-ring binder of the Fischer ancestry. But I do not have any more information on that.

I would be most interested in finding a link between the Fischer brothers!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic