Search for content in message boards

Hello from Ireland

Hello from Ireland

Tim Hehir (View posts)
Posted: 10 Dec 2000 2:29PM GMT
There aren't that many of us Hehirs left in Ireland now.Most remaining families are still in County Clare. My grandparents are still alive and live in Corofin, a small town 8 miles from Ennis which is the principal town in County Clare. My grandfather is 90 years old and was born in 1910. His name is Michael Hehir. A number of his family emigrated to Boston. Their descendants still visit Ireland occasionally. I intend to have many male baby Hehirs to put the name back into the record books ;-)

Hehirs in Ireland

Posted: 11 Dec 2000 9:43PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 5:39AM GMT
Tim, would your family be related to any Hehirs in Charleville? My grandfathers sister Bridget connors of Bruff Co. Limerick married a Patrick Hehir around 1900 they had several children to include a son David who had a son Michael who now operates a butchershop in Charleville. Patrick and Bridget lived in Bruff, Co. Limerick until they died. Any connection that you know of?

Hehir name

Posted: 18 Dec 2000 12:34PM GMT
Edited: 28 Dec 2001 4:04PM GMT
Are you related to Father Martin Hehir? He was my father in laws uncle.

Fr Martin

tim hehir (View posts)
Posted: 18 Dec 2000 12:49PM GMT
sorry eileen, I never heard of him ;-(

Hehir

Catherine Delahunty (View posts)
Posted: 20 Dec 2000 1:18AM GMT
I have found quite a few Hehir folk sponsors at baptism for the children of John Doolaghty (Delahunty) and Bridget (nee Glynn) in the Doora-Barefield RC Parish regs in 1830's. The Doolaghty folk lived at Ballyglass Road, Corebeg. If you come across any links with the Hehirs I would be delighted to hear from you - Pat John Hehir two of the sponsors listed.

Hehirs in Ireland

Michael O'Hehir (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jan 2001 5:35PM GMT
My grandparents; John Joseph and Nora Hehir immigrated to England around 1930 from Bruff Co. Limerick. Any connection?

Hehirs in Ireland

Posted: 2 Jan 2001 3:48PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 5:39AM GMT
Michael, I'm not sure at this time, but the next time I speak with my 90 year old Aunt I'll ask her if her father had any kin that went to England.

Hehir in County Clare

Posted: 15 Jan 2001 8:50PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jul 2001 3:16PM GMT
My grandmother was a Hehir or O'Haire and her father was John and her mother Bridget Hastings. She was a cousin of Father Martin Hehir. Is there a relationship here? She had several brothers and sisters. Several settled in Boston.

Hehirs in Ireland

Posted: 27 May 2001 7:29AM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2001 1:27PM GMT
Tim,
Are your grandparents related to mine? My grandmother was born in Dublin in 1906, Thomasina Mary Hehir. She moved to England as a child and the family changed their name to Haire. Her father was called Thomas Francis Hehir, and her mother was Ellen Murphy. She had 4 brothers, the eldest was born in 1898 Thomas Edward Hehir, then 3 others (not sure which order) Jack, Victor and James. My gradmother was the youngest.
Are we related ?

HEHIR

MICHAEL OWEN HEHIR (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jun 2001 11:39PM GMT
Might you have family in County Claire, Ireland? Thats where my dad was from, Patrick E, deceased. Minneapolis, MN
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions