Search for content in message boards

Family

Family

David@Heather Lawson (View posts)
Posted: 3 Oct 1999 9:37AM GMT
We are the Lawson family here in Belfast Ireland. Our ancestors originally come from Scotland . We know there is family in Canada as my great uncle johnny emigrated there in the early part of this century. My great grandfather was born in john street Newtownards co down. We have traced our ancestors as far as Rathrialand in County down but thats as far as we have got. David was the last male Lawson of our family until we had two boys. They are Joel and Leigh Lawson.Is there any one out there can help with our family tree.

Family in Scotland

Posted: 4 Oct 1999 7:23AM GMT
Edited: 1 Jan 2002 3:44AM GMT
Most of my family were from in and around
Carnoustie, Scotland. my great, great
grandfather was William Lawson married to a
Margaret Nicoll - she died in 1844 he remarried
to Elizabeth Smith - in total there were 13
children: James,William, David, John, Ann,
Charles, Thomas, Mary, Betsey, George, Isabella
Jane and Robert - all born between 1834 and
1861 If you have comparable dates or other
information to compare please let me know
becuase I have full dates of Birth, etc. to
verify linkage. please post your answer or
email me at JLawsn1760@aol.com

lawson

Wendy (View posts)
Posted: 11 Apr 2000 7:29PM GMT
My grandfathers name was John Albert Lawson, Married Valentina (Vera) Pease. Moved to Canada in the 40's or 50's. They only had one child that I know of. Do you have names of any other relatives.
Hope this is a match. I am looking for living relatives in England.
Wendy

Re: Family in Scotland

Tina Lewis (View posts)
Posted: 2 Apr 2002 3:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Do you have any more information on Betsy? That was my gggrandmother's name, but I have not been able to link her to any family.

Thanks, Tina

John Lawson (View posts)
Posted: 3 Apr 2002 1:01AM GMT
Surnames: Lawson, Smith, Nicole, Lowe, and Will
Batsy Lawson was born Feb 18, 1852. Father William Lawson and Mother Elizabeth Smith - had 8 brothers and sisters and 4 half brothers. (William was previously married to Margaret Nicoll - who died in 1844)
Posted: 30 Jan 2003 1:21PM GMT
My ancestor, John Lawson married Sara (Needham?) John was in the British Army. One son, John (jr) born in Chester England, a daughter in Malta and another son (Robert) in Gibralter. John (Sr's) discharge papers say he was born in West Meath, enlisted in Roscommon and discharged in Down.
Does this fit anyone in your history?
Janice
Posted: 2 Feb 2003 12:21PM GMT
Edited: 12 Sep 2006 7:47PM GMT
I have Needhams in my family tree. William was born 1856 in Nottingham. His daughter Gertrude was my grandmother.

Re: Family

David Lawson Jr. (View posts)
Posted: 23 May 2003 3:34PM GMT
I've traced to Ottowa Canada and surruonding area. We are from Rochester N.Y. USA.
Thanks , Dave Lawson Jr.

ricci lawson (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jul 2003 4:33AM GMT
Hello,

My father's name is Howard Slyvester Lawson, his fathers name is john Lawson, I was wondering if he could be one of the children.

Thank you

Posted: 19 Jul 2003 10:14PM GMT
Anything is possible - you would have to give me more information on Howard and his father John. Do you know where in Scotland they are from? Do you know what religion they were? I have not seen the name Howard in my tree yet - but there are lots of John Lawson's

John Lawson
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions