Search for content in message boards

Seth MIZE

Seth MIZE

Suzan Mize-Taylor (View posts)
Posted: 5 Mar 2000 1:32AM GMT
My Grandfather was Seth Newton Mize--Died in Mountain View,AR in 1977. His first wife was Irene (surname Tackett?-would like info on her,too if possible)--wife at death was Levinia.Played fiddle,guitar,etc--sang for a senator or two. Had a brother named Dexter. Several relatives from that area (cousins?)were Carl,Paul...I do not know alot of info to give you--I am trying to find out as much as possible about the family history--anything you might know would be greatly appreciated.Please email with anything----Thank you

Seth Mize

Mary Mize Jeffrey (View posts)
Posted: 8 Mar 2000 3:01AM GMT
Seth Mize is listed in the SSDI as having been born on 24 Oct 1901. His SS5 would give you his parents' names.

Re: Seth MIZE

Posted: 7 Nov 2002 4:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: mize
Seth Mize was my grandfather. I can give you lots of names to contact from the mize clan of Big Flat and Mt View Arkansas. my email is wmize7@aol.com

Posted: 8 Feb 2006 12:50AM GMT
Edited: 17 Mar 2006 1:32AM GMT
Am looking for a Seth T. Mize who apparently lived at one time in either Decatur or Gentry, Arkansas. Would he be the son of Seth N. Mize born abt. 1902 in Arkansas? I have shown a William A. Mize b. abt. 1878 in TN mar. a Jocie (?)
b. abt. 1876 in TN.

sources: Census: 1920, AR, Searcy Co, Beaver Twp.

Jocie and Wm. A. Mize had the following children:
l. Seth N. Mize
2. Dexter Carl Mize b. mar. 6, 1905 in AR, and died 20 Oct. 2004 in maybe Searcy Co, AR He married Halie Jane Treat
6 Mar 1930, dau. of Samuel Johnson Treat and Sarah Emma Dora Freeman. She was born l8 Mar l911 in AR, and died 21 Apr l988 in Clinton, Van Buren Co, AR

Posted: 3 Mar 2010 6:37AM GMT
Seth was also my grandpa.....actually my step-grandpa, but he's the only REAL grandpa I ever had. And he has actually played for a couple of Presidents in the Whitehouse, and played for SEVERAL politicians at the Little Rock Capitol Building. Suzan, I think you're my cousin....if you're Paul Ray (Seth's son) and Ruthie's girl, with brothers named Paul Dean and Sammy? Love to hear from you. Contact me at Free-_-Bird@Live.com

Posted: 23 May 2012 9:05PM GMT
Hello. I am interested in seeing a copy or scan of the sheet music to Seth Newton Mize's song about the Titanic shipwreck. It is entitled "The Titanic" (Gone to rest). Can you possibly put me in touch with somebody who would have a copy of it, and know when he wrote it? Thank you. Alison

Posted: 18 Jul 2012 10:07PM GMT
Yo!Thats my Grandpa too! I'm your 2nd cousin! Woah, I'm David Spradlin's daughter.

Posted: 15 Aug 2012 4:57PM GMT
Surnames: Mize
Seth was my cousin once removed. My Grandmother Venia Mize was his aunt. I will try to forward my file on the Mize family to you. Shirley
Attachments:

Posted: 15 Aug 2012 4:57PM GMT
Surnames: Mize
Seth was my cousin once removed. My Grandmother Venia Mize was his aunt. I will try to forward my file on the Mize family to you. Shirley
Attachments:

Crystal????

Posted: 22 Sep 2013 4:00AM GMT
I think "caitifreebird," you are my neice. I haven't seen you since you were about five-years-old. Would love for you to contact me. Uncle JW, says your dad had a serious near-death, health problem. Praying he is better.

You may not know, but you are the inspiration that propelled the writing of my first book, published back in 2002. Bro.David and Cindy's children were just beautiful. Hoping you are all well.

God Love Your Heart,

Uncle Paul
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions