grandfather George Nettles, Most recently of
Indianapolis, Indiana.
Born in Tennessee.
or Annie Carnes Nettles, born and died in
Tennessee.

George Nettles - Indianapolis

Carole (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 2000 6:51PM GMT
I am a Nettles descendent here in Indianapolis. Although I don't know if my family has a connection to your grandfather, I do know of a Nettles that lives around the corner from me. Could you give me some more information about your grandfather?

george nettles

cathy (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jun 2000 11:06AM GMT
He was born in Tennessee, father was Isaac. He was one of 33 children. There were three sets born to 3 different mothers. His mother was Josephine (Mama Jo). The siblings I remember are Ida Jo, Fannie, Lena Isaac. There are others that I can't think of right off. But this should be a start.

famil

Crystal Hughes (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 2000 6:04AM GMT
Do u have any in Vero Beach Fla.?

Nettles

C Guess (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 2000 11:25AM GMT
I am not sure where my gggrandfather originated from. He lived and died here in Indiana, but he or his parents could have been from somewhere else. I am trying to find out if he had siblings.

understand

crystal (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 2000 8:44PM GMT
I understand. I just found my dad after 19 years. I was hopping to find out more about my dads side of the family. So if i can be any help let me know. Good luck god bless you.

Re: Nettles Descendants

Posted: 15 Jul 2004 1:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Nettles, Blakemore, Newsom
Could your George Nettles born in Tennessee be the sibling or related to my Great Grandmother, Amanda Nettles. Amanda is listed in the 1880's census as having 2 brothers:
George Nettles.
Price Nettles

and A sister,
Adda Nettles

My great Grandmother Amanda Nettles had 4 children with Henry Blakemore:
Joseph Blakemore (my grandfather)
Mary Helen Nettles (Blakemore)
Roberta Nettles (Blakemore)
Annie Nettles (Blakemore).

Please send a response.
Thanks
Toni Blakemore Woodson

Re: george nettles

Posted: 4 Feb 2005 10:25PM GMT
Searching for my family "Nettles" in Tennessee. Some of the names you mentioned rang a bell - My gggMother was Fannie Nettles, think her father was George and some of her siblings were Prince, George, Milley and others. They were living in Haywood County Tennessee in the late 1800s. Having trouble finding them after 1900, they could have relocated to another part of the country. I would like to share info with other families originating in Tennessee.

Re: Nettles Descendants

Toni Blakemore-Woodson (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 2005 6:08PM GMT
Surnames: Nettles, Blakemore
cathy, I believe that your grandfather, George Nettles is one of my descendants. My great grandmother Amanda (Mandy) Nettles lived in Tennessee. She had an older brother named George Nettles (b. ~1848). Groge Nettles married Edmonia Blakemore, they had a son George Jr. born 1882 (in TN>.).
What were your grandfather's parent's name? And did he have any siblings?
toni

Re: George Nettles - Indianapolis

Posted: 28 Feb 2007 2:45AM GMT
Do you know if any of these Nettles originally came from Tennessee?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions