Search for content in message boards

George Henry Otto

George Henry Otto

David Dwight Otto (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jun 2000 2:13PM GMT
My great great grandfather emigrated to America sometime during the Civil War and fought for a "branch" of the Wisconsin Regiment. He chronicled his experiences and those were donated to University of Wisconsin/Madison some time ago.
Does anyone have any additional information on his descendents?

Re: George Henry Otto

Posted: 26 Jan 2002 1:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: OTTO, CHRISTNER
My gg grandfather is John Henry Otto born December 21, 1858 in Wisconson. That is as far back as I have been able to trace on him and that is only because that information was listed in his obituary. He moved from Wisconsin to Richardson County Nebraska prior to 1882. I know this from his wifes history. He married Catherine Ann Christner in Stella Nebraska in 1882. They eventually to Marshall County, Kansas where he died. His obituary didn't say anything about siblings or his parents. Do you think there is possibly a link?

Posted: 29 Apr 2004 12:19AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Edited: 11 Jan 2005 11:16PM GMT
My g-g-grandfather was John Henry Otto and did extensive writing during the civil war. He was with the 21st Wis. Volunteers. Please let me know if this is what you are looking for. His writings are with the state historical society. Please contact me.

Re: John Henry Otto

Christine (View posts)
Posted: 29 Sep 2004 5:56AM GMT
Surnames: Otto
Hello Cousin! I am also a great great granddaughter of his! My father is David Morely Otto, grandfather is Carl Eugene Otto, great grandfather is George M. Otto - one of John H. Otto's youngest children! I only know of George, Rosa, and August, but there were nine total children. Do you know the others? John was born in Prussia, but WHERE in Prussia? His father was named Joseph.
Please contact me! I am so excited to share! My family has a copy of John's entire diary from the civil war, as well as his sword. (it now belongs to my brother: Jon H Otto)
Chris - chrixme@msn.com

Re: John Henry Otto

Posted: 27 Oct 2004 1:23PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jan 2005 11:16PM GMT
Have left you a email with phone number. Please call or email me at judavhalle2@aol.com. Can't wait!!!!! (Dave and Judy).

Posted: 5 Mar 2005 10:09PM GMT
Surnames: Otto
Hello Stacey,

I think this is a coincidence, but here goes:

My great-grandfather was named George Henry, and was the son of John Henry Otto. He was born around the time of the civil war in Wisconsin, and had a family of 4 children there. Later he moved east to the New England area, and had a second family. There might be some connection, but I can't imagine what it might be, based on what I now know.

David

Petra (View posts)
Posted: 6 Mar 2005 2:17AM GMT
David,

Have you tried to contact this person:

Quote:

"Hello Cousin! I am also a great great granddaughter of his! My father is David Morely Otto, grandfather is Carl Eugene Otto, great grandfather is George M. Otto - one of John H. Otto's youngest children! I only know of George, Rosa, and August, but there were nine total children. Do you know the others? John was born in Prussia, but WHERE in Prussia? His father was named Joseph.
Please contact me! I am so excited to share! My family has a copy of John's entire diary from the civil war, as well as his sword. (it now belongs to my brother: Jon H Otto)"
Chris - chrixme@msn.com

This is correspondence from the message board which can be found under the header "John Henry Otto".

Good luck!

Re: George Myers Otto

Posted: 6 Mar 2005 2:44PM GMT
Edited: 7 Mar 2005 8:44PM GMT
Hi Petra,

Yes, we are cousins and are now in contact, thank you.

Also, I had my great grandfather's name wrong, Henry was my GG grandfather's middle name, not my G grandfather.

Dave

Re: George Myers Otto

petra@new.rr.com (View posts)
Posted: 6 Mar 2005 6:36PM GMT
Dave,

that's so awesome!! Congratulations!!
Petra
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions