Search for content in message boards

Need info on Thomas Roan

Need info on Thomas Roan

James Roan (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: THOMAS ROAN
Searching for information on THOMAS ROAN who married NANCY PHELPS 11/14/1782 in Caswell Co., NC. He died 11/23/1845 in Yanceville, NC. He was born in King and Queen Co., VA., 1/10/1761 and served in Captain William Harden's North Carolina Company in the Revolutionary War. Thomas and Nancy were my husband's ggg-grandparents. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Connie Roan
Posted: 1 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jun 2005 10:22PM GMT
Surnames: Haralson
I have numerous letters written to and from my ggg grandfather Paul Haralson who lived in Caswell County in the early 1800's. I recalled the name Roan and searched the letters. There are several mentions of a Dr. Roan and wife between April,1839 and March,1843. First names of the Roans were not mentioned but he mentions the couple joining the Presbyterians in Feb,1843 and Dr. Roan being sick in March,1843. If you think this may be your man I can e-mail you transcripts of these letters.
Tommy

Re: Need info on Thomas Roan

melody farringer (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jan 2003 11:19PM GMT
Surnames: roan
My roan connections are: Richard born. abt. 1802 inKentucky married to alcy or alice davis {often mistake of cornelia} had a son richard B born. 1829 married christina de bord son william harvey married elva alice blackford daughter sara celesta who was my great grandmother.If you have any connections or info on these people i would aprreciate it thank you
Posted: 5 Jun 2004 9:16PM GMT
Mr. Booker, It seems I have stumbled onto your tidbit of info referencing Dr. Roan. I am interested in obtaining the transcripts, if this still possible. Thank you! I am a Roan/Zinsitz granddaughter.

Re: Roan

Posted: 28 Jul 2006 12:59AM GMT
Mr. Booker, I have recently started researching Dr. Nathaniel M. Roan of Caswell County. He and his wife Mary were members of the Yanceyville Presbytarian Church where they are buried. I believe he was the Slave Owner of my Great Great Grandmother, Eliza Roan. I am searching for documentation that will confirm this.

Please e-mail me directly at VidaMarie1@aol.com with any information that you may have.

Thank You
Arvida
Posted: 12 Nov 2012 11:51PM GMT
Hi,
I am interested in Paul Haralson who lived in Caswell County. My maiden name is spelled Harrison. Just wondering if there is a connection?

Janie
Posted: 21 Nov 2012 11:50AM GMT
Hello Janie,

I have traced a number of my Haralsons from Virginia and Caswell, NC. There are several spelling variations including Harrelson, Harralson but I never found a Harrison connected to my lines. If you have other names from Caswell maybe I can connect.

Tommy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions