Search for content in message boards

Knox County Infirmary

Knox County Infirmary

Posted: 17 Apr 2003 4:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Means Losh Huffman
I am looking for information on John Means who was listed in the Knox County Infirmary 1880, with his daughter Ida M. Means. Does anyone know where the Infirmary (Bangs?) was and why were people sent there (TB?)?

His wife's name is Susan Losh. I am loking for anything on the three of them and the family that adopted Ida. Ida in turn married William Huffman.

Re: Knox County Infirmary

Posted: 25 Apr 2003 3:03AM GMT
The Knox County Infirmary was located in Liberty Township in the town of Bangs, Ohio. If you look up previous census information, they refer to the infirmary as the "poorhouse". I have pictures of the infirmary as it looks today. There is a small grave yard on the property. Unfortunately, the grave markers, which were wooden crosses are no longer there. If you visit the rootsweb site for Knox County you will see a partial list of some of the people that were buried there. I hope this helps. If you want any photos just email me at lehman@volcano.net
Debi Lehman

Re: Knox County Infirmary

Posted: 13 May 2003 7:37PM GMT
In the Knox County death records I show:
Losh, Mary, died 18 Mar 1905, single, age 63 yrs, 8 months, 8 days, died in Brown twp, born in Jefferson, occupation housekeeping, father was Joseph Losh, mother was Frances Balsher. She died of heart paralysis. Residence was listed as Brown.

I show another death record in Knox County:
Losh, Mary, died Sept 12, 1906, married, age 75 yrs, 8 months, 7 days. Died in Pike twp, born in Pike, occupation housewife, father Benjamin Grubb, mother Hannah Cummins. Died of apoplexy. Residence in Pike.

Hope it helps
ROSE IN COLORADO
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions