Search for content in message boards

Spencer J. Morris

Spencer J. Morris

Richard Foster (View posts)
Posted: 25 Apr 2006 3:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for marriage information on Spencer J. Morris and Evalena (Lena) Wilson in 1905. None of the biographies on the Internet mention this marriage.

Richard Foster

Re: Spencer J. Morris

Posted: 9 Mar 2007 4:50AM GMT
Surnames: Spencer J. Morris or Lena Wilson
Spencer J. Morris was my grandfather's cousin. He married Lena Wilson 11/26/1905. Her name was Evalina but called Lena. Spencer was sheriff in Carroll Co. AR in 1888. Lena was his third wife. I forgot where she was buried. Keep in touch and I can find the info for you.

Carol Morris Putman
pcarol@pisp.net

Posted: 13 Jul 2011 10:42PM GMT
You might also like to know that Spencer's middle name was Jarnigan. I have recently posted his photo in my Fancher family tree. Jarnigan was his great grandmother's maiden name.

Posted: 8 Feb 2012 6:20PM GMT
Richard, from the marriage records you can find in Carroll County AR, the license was applied for on November 25, 1905 and they were married the next day on November 26. Lena's residence is listed as Berryville, but Spencer's was listed as Melvin, Indian Country (Oklahoma). Lena was Spencer's 4th wife. Both Spencer Jarnigan Morris and his widow, Lena Morris Fagan, are buried at Fairlawn Cemetery in Oklahoma City OK. Spencer died on February 4, 1927 and he was buried on February 5th. Lena, who had remarried to Ellis Fagan, died August 4, 1953 after being struck by a car.
Spencer and Lena had at least one daughter, Jenne.

Posted: 8 Feb 2012 6:26PM GMT
Richard, from the marriage records you can find in Carroll County AR, the license was applied for on November 25, 1905 and they were married the next day on November 26. Lena's residence is listed as Berryville, but Spencer's was listed as Melvin, Indian Country (Oklahoma). Lena was Spencer's 4th wife. Both Spencer Jarnigan Morris and his widow, Lena Morris Fagan, are buried at Fairlawn Cemetery in Oklahoma City OK. Spencer died on February 4, 1927 and he was buried on February 5th. Lena, who had remarried to Ellis Fagan, died August 4, 1953 after being struck by a car.
Spencer and Lena had at least one daughter, Jenne.

Posted: 23 Feb 2013 3:19PM GMT
The name of Spencer Jarnigan Morris' third wife was Nellie Rutherford. They were married in 1903 in Fayetteville AR and immediately returned to Eufaula, OK where it was announced in the Muskogee newspaper. I have been unable to find the death information on Nellie, but she obviously did not live long, as Spencer remarried for the fourth time to Lena Wilson, also of Arkansas,in 1905. Nellie, only 24 when she married is suspected to have died in childbirth, along with their child. Lena outlived Spencer.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions