Search for content in message boards

Carpenter Family of Zachary ,Louisiana

Carpenter Family of Zachary ,Louisiana

Posted: 23 Jun 2011 1:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Seeking information about James L. Carpenter and his wife Catherine Elisabeth Norwood.They were killed in a carriage/car accident and one of their children, Ethel Virginia Carpenter became an orphan at St. Joseph's in Baton Rouge.She was my grandmother. I need help finding out what happened to them, where they are buried, when they died, and what happened to another son named Joe Carpenter who was later in the Navy.If anyone can give me hints about how to find this information, those would be appreciated. Thanks

Re: Carpenter Family of Zachary ,Louisiana

Posted: 18 Mar 2012 8:17PM GMT
Edited: 18 Mar 2012 10:12PM GMT
Surnames: Carpenter
Hi, this is Claude in BR,

I briefly looked into your situation, but found it very difficult without any time frames on the people or events you mentioned in your query. Could you supply some of this for us and you might get better results.

Best wishes,
Claude

Re: Carpenter Family of Zachary ,Louisiana

Posted: 19 Mar 2012 2:04AM GMT
Surnames: Carpenter,Norwood
James L. Carpenter was born on 3-18-1864 and his parents were James Louis Carpenter and Margaret Paine. Catherine Elizabeth Norwood was born in 1868. Both were born in East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana. Her parents were Thomas L. Norwood and Susan Brashear. James and Catherine's children wereElizabeth Louisa Carpenter 1-5-1893 and Ethel Virginia Carpenter 12-10-1895 and John S. Carpenter born 1891or 1892. I have verified that Ethel and Bessis were in the St. Joseph Orphanage in 1900 and Ethel was still there in 1910. John was sent to live with an uncle in the country. I have verified this through a living relative who is 90 years old. I would like to know how James and Elizabeth died. They died one year apart.I also do not know where they are buried. Oral history concerning the deaths of James and Elizabeth is that they were killed in a carriage wreck. Thanks for your help. bayoucher2
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions