Search for content in message boards

Photograph

Photograph

kim leaver (View posts)
Posted: 24 Sep 2001 4:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Johnson, Price, Frayer, Bain, Griffin, Hoover
I have a photograph circa 1901 or 2 that is taken of a large group of people, including quite a few Johnson's from Charlotteville Twp., in particular, St. Williams. The picture may be a family reunion or a church picnic.

I am able to identify a few of the people in attendance, but could use help in identifying more.

Anyone interested in viewing the photograph, please drop me an email and I will be happy to send the picture on to you.

Kim

Re: Photograph

Posted: 25 Sep 2001 2:20PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jan 2004 5:37AM GMT
Still haven't found out how to send a personal email with this new board setup, so I'm using the reply. I have some contacts in the St. Williams area, I may be able to get some help in identification for you. My email address is:
gord.haddow@sympatico.ca

Lorri (View posts)
Posted: 12 Oct 2001 4:38AM GMT
Hello, I would love to look at the pic. My family is from St.Willaims. Looking forward to hearing from you.
lriddoch@nisa.net
Posted: 1 Nov 2001 9:15PM GMT
Edited: 8 Mar 2006 8:04PM GMT
Dear Kim, I have a photograph of the marriage of Hattie Bain to Clarence Johnson. I am wondering if is the same one. Hattie was my grandfather's sister.This photograph appears to be the Bain side of the family, maybe yours is the Johnson side. The date of the marriage was 1896.I do not have a scaner, but you can e-mail me photos Jean

Posted: 7 Aug 2007 12:39AM GMT
Surnames: price
Hi Kim do you know if in the picture threere is a may esther price or james dewitt price or wife frances clarinda

Posted: 14 Oct 2008 1:53AM GMT
Surnames: Johnston, Reeves
Could this photograph be the golden wedding anniversary of Sarah Ann Johnston and Havilah Reeves? If it is it would have been 1907. Havilah Reeves is the brother of my great, great grandfather, Phineas Reeves from St. Williams, Norfolk County, Ontario.

Posted: 2 Jun 2012 4:03AM GMT
Hi Kim...my grandfather was William Robert Frayer...he had a blacksmith shop at Lyndoch in the later 1920's and early 30's and then he bought a tobacco farm at Glenshee...I would like to view your photograph to see if any of my relatives are in it...I had aunts and cousins living at Silver Hill who may be part of the party
Thank you
Betty

Posted: 2 Jun 2012 11:52AM GMT
Surnames: Johnson and Frayer
Hi Betty,

I'm not subscribed to Ancestry currently and have never tried sending a photo via messaging. Let me know if this works. If not, you can send me your email address and I can get the picture to you that way. My email is kimleaver@hotmail.com.

I was told that the large man standing a little left of centre at the back is 'Deacon' Frayer. He has a very impressive beard and his hand is on his wife's shoulder.

My mother always referred to him as 'deacon' which was his position at the church. I don't know his first name. He was the father of my great aunt Rhoda Frayer Johnson. She was married to my great uncle Havilah Johnson. They lived in St. Williams.

I'd love to be able to put names on anyone else in the photo, if you can identify them.

I also have another photo of Deacon Frayer if you are interested.

Let me know if that photo comes through.

best wishes, Kim
Attachments:

Posted: 3 Jun 2012 1:16PM GMT
not related , enjoyed looking at the picture it came through very nicely

Posted: 3 Jun 2012 4:11PM GMT
Hi Kim...the picture came through...I didn't recgonize anyone in the picture....did see family similarities in a couple of the males
thanks for the pic
Betty
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions