Search for content in message boards

mary breen in canada

mary breen in canada

Posted: 11 Sep 2012 8:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
does anyone have any information on mary ann breen my great aunt,she was born in birkenhead in 1875 and moved to either new york or canada in the early part of the 20th century,i have no info after 1895 until 1941 we have a xmas card from herand her husband david hunter living in ottawa ,iknow she returned in 1949 to live with her sister ellen(nellie) in birkenhead where she died in 1951,but cant find any record of her crossing the atlantic or of her marraige

Re: mary breen in canada

Posted: 20 Oct 2012 3:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hunter
On June 30 1927, David (49; born in London) and Mary (47; born in Liverpool) Hunter sailed on the Montnairn back to Canada from Southampton. David had been in Canada before between Feb. 1911 and May 1927 in Ottawa. Mary had been in Canada before between June 1912 and May 1927 in Ottawa.
To the question "What Trade or Occupation did you follow in your own country?", David said - Architect.
To the question "What Trade or Occupation do you intend to follow in Canada?, David said - civil servant.
To where they were going in Canada: to his cousin PDW Hunter, 5 Rockcliffe Way, Ottawa.
Where they stayed on their visit home: with his cousin, L. Stuart Hunter, 75 Paisley Rd. W., Glasgow SW.

So knowing that he arrived in 1911, I located a David Hunter arriving on the Hesperian in March 1911. He was 33, born in England and an architect. And he was single.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic