Search for content in message boards

Finding Potential Problems using Family Tree Maker 2014

Finding Potential Problems using Family Tree Maker 2014

Posted: 7 Jan 2014 5:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi,

I have just downloaded Family Tree Maker 2014 and I was hoping that it would include a tool to find potential problems within my family tree. This feature is available in may other programs. It might point out, for example, where ages are too young for certain events or when events occur after death, or where people have not been recorded as deceased despite being born pre. 1900.

Is this feature available as a tool or a plugin?

Thanks!

Re: Finding Potential Problems using Family Tree Maker 2014

Posted: 7 Jan 2014 6:06AM GMT
I've certainly seen warning when trying to insert conflicting facts (eg death before birth) but there doesn't seem to be any inter record checking (I had a father who was 1 year old when he first sired offspring).

I would certainly be interested in the feature you describe.

Posted: 7 Jan 2014 6:10AM GMT
You want the Data Errors report. It's under the Publish tab. I think it's a person report, but if not, browse the categories, and you'll find it.

Posted: 7 Jan 2014 2:11PM GMT
To choose the errors you want to find, click on the far left icon in the button bar (items/errors to iinclude). Then, uncheck all and click on the ones you want that report to find in that report. If you leave the default to look for all the errors in one report, the report can be a bit of a challenge.

Posted: 10 Jan 2014 4:03AM GMT
Thanks for you help guys - the Data Errors report works a treat.

Posted: 13 Jan 2014 7:09AM GMT
Did you get an answer? If not, go to Publish, reports, and run an error report. This will tell you whose BD is missing , Marriage date missing, children out of sort order, event after death, a parent younger than 13, over 60, etc. Good luck. Hope someone here had an answer to my problem.

Posted: 13 Jan 2014 7:28AM GMT
Um, did you read the previous replies?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions