Search for content in message boards

starting 6 month free membership in FTM for Mac

starting 6 month free membership in FTM for Mac

Posted: 7 Jan 2014 8:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
hello. i have installed the software and within it tried to register and start subscription. both processes seem to get so far but leave me with a blank screen. it gets to welcome to family tree maker screen, when i put my name/password in it goes to a thank you screen then it asks, Do you want Family Tree Maker to save your Ancestry.co.uk login information? after ticking then clicking continue the screen goes white and nothing happens. i have done this several times leaving the screen for minutes. i assume it should go somewhere at this point so i can enter card details etc... can anyone help please? i did send an email into this site over the weekend but have not heard back. i am just keen to get my searching underway....

many thanks.

Re: starting 6 month free membership in FTM for Mac

Posted: 7 Jan 2014 9:22PM GMT
I suggest the best place to solve your subscription problems is to call ancestry.

The Ancestry support people can see your account in front of them, see what's wrong, and get you registered properly.

In the US, call: 1-800-262-3787

Posted: 7 Jan 2014 10:06PM GMT
many thanks for your reply. i will try that. i had hoped there could be something online i could try. thank you

Posted: 7 Jan 2014 10:20PM GMT
It appears you may be in the UK. There are local numbers you can call - you don't have to call the US.

I have heard that the customer service in other countries is quite good.

Posted: 7 Jan 2014 10:52PM GMT
i am.

i will call our number.

thank you

Posted: 8 Jan 2014 11:46PM GMT
just an update. i rang the number earlier, they were very helpful, but they said in order for them to do it over the phone they would need my bank details. i don't give these details over the phone, thats my choice, but i understood why he needed them. i asked him how else to do it, he emailed me some possible answers. i have just tried them but to no avail.

the problem is with the software somewhere. can anyone who has activated an ancestry subscription through the FTM please help. i click on activate subscription, put my details in then it says thank you and do you want Family Tree Maker to save your Ancestry.co.uk login information? so i click continue but i just get a white screen. i assume i can actually activate a subscription, free 6 month, via this software? or do i need to go to the website and go through the motions of subscribing at a price £ then put a coupon or such in? sorry, i am a little confused. thank you.

Posted: 9 Jan 2014 12:10AM GMT
When I activated the "free" 14 day subscription with Ancestry.com I have to enter a credit card number for the free subscription. If I canceled the subscription at the end of the trial period, my card would not be charged for an on-going subscription.

Regarding your Ancestry login in information, select "yes" so FTM will automatically login to the service when you open the program.

Regards,

Posted: 9 Jan 2014 1:21AM GMT
thank you very much for your reply. i am trying to activate the subscription, free 6 month with the software, through the software itself, Family Tree Maker for Mac. its on the last screen, where it just stays white screen. i did think i should go to ancestry.co.uk and try the subscribe page but i don't want to go through incase i have done something wrong and are charged the full amount. the free subscription is for 6 months and is on premium. on the website the premium 12 months is £107. how does the site know i have the free 6 months if you see what i mean. i just don't know what else to try.

many thanks.

Posted: 9 Jan 2014 3:20AM GMT
i have included a few pictures/screenshots to show my problem. pic 1 is the first screen when i click activate subscription from menu in FTM. pic 2 and 3 are self explanatory but then pic 4 is what i get after clicking continue in pic 3.

many thanks.
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions