Search for content in message boards

How do you add individual timeline events?

How do you add individual timeline events?

Posted: 8 Jan 2014 8:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
I can't figure out how to add timeline events specific to a person. I see the Historical events and have tried to add indiv. events to this, which I see, but I don't want all of these Hist. events. I think if I delete Hist. Events they are gone forever in my data base.

Can someone tell me how to add like 4 land grants with dates for a person so they show up in his timeline

Re: How do you add individual timeline events?

Posted: 8 Jan 2014 1:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Jan 2014 1:58PM GMT
What fact are you using to record this event? You have to use a Fact to get an event into the timeline.

I have an event that I call Real Estate for real estate transactions (separate and apart from the Residence fact). Any sale or purchase that I record in that Fact shows in the timeline.

It helps to put a description of what is going on in the description of the fact. For example, there were a series of events documented in my great-grrandfather's Homestead packet. I entered each step of him getting his Homestead that happened over an 8 year period as separate Real Estate facts, with an appropriate description, like "

03/11/1871, Homestead Act Application No 829: SW1/4 of NE1/4, W1/2 of SE1/4, NE1/4 of SE1/4, all in Sec 33, Twp 5 So, Range 4W

03/05/1878, Application to Perfect Homestead Claim 829

12/06/1879, Cloud Co Register of Deeds Records the Patent in County Record book J, pg 185

These events all show in my timeline for this ancestor.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic