Search for content in message boards

Ball family of Oakville

Ball family of Oakville

Posted: 1 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Jul 2001 3:43PM GMT
Surnames: Ball, Clements, Jones, Mansfield
I am seeking information on my Ball ancestors of Oakville, Delaware County, Indiana. My ggg grandparents were Samuel Ball and Rebecca Mansfield, born 1814 and 1816 respectively, both in Ohio. They were in Indiana before the birth of their oldest son, Arthur, 24 Dec. 1837. Samuel was on the 1840 tax rolls in Delaware County, and the family appeared on the 1850 census in Monroe Twp. Arthur Ball married Jane H. Jones 15 Mar 1860, and d. 3 June 1910. Their daughter, Emma, was born 29 Apr. 1861. She married Jeremiah T. Clements 25 Jul 1889. I have good documentation of births, marriages, and deaths on these folks.

I have not been able to find where in Ohio Samuel and Rebecca came from. Wonder whether anyone else has been researching this Ball line. I have heard a family tradition that the line is connected to the Muncie Balls, but I doubt that this is true. I am also interested in learning more about Jane Jones. I have not found a record of her parents.

I would welcome any leads...thank you!

Re: Ball family of Oakville

Posted: 17 Oct 2001 6:30PM GMT
I am a descendant of Samuel Ball and wife Rebecca Mansfield through their son, Samuel P, who married Lydia Bowers in 1886.I have also been told there is a connection to the Muncie Ball family.Contact me at krc3048@hotmail.com.Would very much like to get in touch with you.

Posted: 26 Oct 2001 8:06PM GMT
Edited: 2 Feb 2006 4:51AM GMT
I have been researching the Ball family also. I have Samuel Ball born in Delaware Co., OH
3/11/1813 and Rebecca Mansfield born in Butler Co., OH 10/18/1816. My husband's grandmother was the daughter of Charles Ball, son of Arthur Ball.

Penny Sitler (View posts)
Posted: 26 Oct 2001 8:48PM GMT
Surnames: BALL, MANSFIELD, CLEMENTS
I am glad to see your posting! I have been wanting to look further for Samuel Ball and Rebecca Mansfield, but no luck so far. Do you have more? I might have some useful info or stories for exchange. I do not pass on or publish info that is shared to me.

I am a great-great granddaughter of Emma Ball Clements, daughter of Arthur Ball.

Posted: 26 Oct 2001 9:36PM GMT
I have quite a bit of information on the Ball family from Samuel and Rebecca forward that has come from family papers, family members, and some dates,etc. off the computer. What I have going back is from info on the computer, so not sure how accurate. I do have the Ball family on ancestry.com (but no one living) . Which of Emma's 3 children is your line? I did meet Martha years ago-nice lady! Would like to share info with you.

Penny Sitler (View posts)
Posted: 26 Oct 2001 11:30PM GMT
Aunt Martha was a real peach! My grandmother was Gladys Clements Rutherford Hoover, who died in 1969 (going from memory on the date). She had 3 sons, all deceased, six grandchildren, and many greats and ggs. Would be happy to exchange further details by direct email.

Posted: 28 Oct 2001 10:01PM GMT
Penny,
My e-mail is Katsan5@aol.com. Gladys Clements gave me an awful time. Took me quite awhile to fiqure out she had been married twice. I have the information on her 3 sons, but nothing further than that. Would llike to check the info I have with you.
Sandy

Posted: 28 Oct 2001 10:01PM GMT
Penny,
My e-mail is Katsan5@aol.com. Gladys Clements gave me an awful time. Took me quite awhile to fiqure out she had been married twice. I have the information on her 3 sons, but nothing further than that. Would llike to check the info I have with you.
Sandy

Posted: 16 Apr 2004 10:55AM GMT
Edited: 23 Nov 2006 12:59PM GMT
Surnames: Hoover, Smith, Preston
Have you ever heard of a Mary E. Hoover born about 1862 in Iowa and her brother, Emerson Hoover born about 1863 in Iowa? Their parents were Jonas Hoover and Sarah Smith.
Two of their Smith cousins lived in Marion County, IA. I was just wondering if the three families went to Iowa together.
MaryLu in Minnesota

Penny (View posts)
Posted: 16 Apr 2004 12:21PM GMT
My grandmother's second husband was Herman Hoover of Mooreland, Indiana. They did not have children together. He died around 1970 (don't have my charts out right now). I have not investigated his family history--I was young when he died and did not know anything about his relatives except his daughters. He and his daughters remained in Indiana.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions