Search for content in message boards

Does anyone do look ups for this county?

Does anyone do look ups for this county?

Posted: 7 Jul 2010 7:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Burgess Bundy
I would appreciate any help.I am trying to trace my ggrandfathers routes. His name is Grandy Burgess he was born in Camden County 1879. I can't place him anywhere in 1890,1900 in 1910 He was 30 years old and back in Camden County. In 1912 He married Sarah/Sadie Elizabeth Twiddy registered in Edenton Court house. I know he lived in Washington county a while he had tree girls. His obituary said he was a member of Holly Grove Baptist church. In 1944 he moved to Elizabeth City. I know he had his wife separated or went their seprate way.
My dates in question 1890, 1900, 1912-1944.
Thank you, Thank you for any help.
Belinda Bundy Corbell bcbcorbell@gmail.com

Re: Does anyone do look ups for this county?

Posted: 7 Jul 2010 10:09PM GMT
Surnames: Burgess
He Belinda,

I was able to locate Grandy & Sallie in the 1930 census for Washington County. They have in their house their 17 year-old daughter Ida and her husband, 22 year-old Theodore Hassell. Ida & Theodore had been married about 2 years. You didn't indicate if you'd located them in 1930, so I thought I would share. They are listed in Lees Mills, Sheet 7B, Family #143.

In the 1920 census they are enumerated in Lees Mills, Sheet 14B, Family #268. Only one child in the home, 7 year old Ida

I found a birth record for a daughter of his born November 12, 1916 in Washington County - Rubie Burgess

I'll look later to see if there is anything else that may be of help for you.

Taneya Koonce
NCGenWeb Coordinator for Washington County - http://www.ncgenweb.us/washington

Posted: 7 Jul 2010 11:54PM GMT
I do know they had 2 girls after Ida. There was Missouri and Ruby. I have birth and death cert. for both of them. Anything else you can find I would appreciate it.
Thanks again Belinda bcbcorbell@gmail.com

Posted: 6 Oct 2010 9:26PM GMT
Surnames: Perry/Smith
Hi Taneya, I was told our Perry's came to America in early 1700's and landed in Plymouth NC.then moved to Bertie. How does one find boat records? Rita

Posted: 7 Oct 2010 6:55PM GMT
Surnames: Perry
My guess is that all the Perry's in northeast NC were descendants of Phillip Perry who settled in the Isle of Wight Co., VA. He left his will there 9 Oct 1669. Some of Phillip's children, James, Jacob & Joseph moved to NC.

An earlier Perry, Thomas (age 34), emigrated to VA in the "Bonaventure" Jan 1634 with Dorothy age 36 & Ben age 4.

I recommend you look through the book "The History of Perquimans Co." for more on the Perry family. Another source is "Memories and Records of Eastern North Carolina."

Jean

Posted: 7 Oct 2010 9:16PM GMT
Thank you, My cousin has a Bible that is dated around 1679 and we were looking at it and even though it is faded we could see Jacob, Joseph, William Jacob, John H perry. Oher names William and Margaret Smith son Thomas b Aug 18, 1804 My grgrgrgrandmother Hester Smith b 1811 January 9th to william and Margaret Smith. Married William Perry, who I think is son of Jacob Perry as he is living on the census right below a widowed Hester and family. Earlier entries were very hard to read names were Calloways, Harmons, Longs. Joshua Long, son of William and A___ Long b 25th of Nov 1736 was the earliest. The bible is disintegrating and is in a boot box. I will post these names separately.We are also going to have someone participate in the DNA study.Jean, do you know where I can view the book "History of Perquiman Co.? I will check at Cincinnati Library. Rita

Posted: 7 Oct 2010 9:35PM GMT
Any large library should have a genealogy section/room. If your local library does not have the book, request they do an inter-library loan and get the book for you from another library. I have done that a number of times.

You might also try Google Books to see if it's online; also try MARS http://mars.archives.ncdcr.gov/BasicSearch.aspx and http://digital.lib.ecu.edu/historyfiction/

Good luck with your research.

Jean

Posted: 7 Oct 2010 11:27PM GMT
Thanks Jean, I found the digital book on line and read it already. Interesting to also find Caleb Caloways' name there and in the Bible. Thanks again Rita

Posted: 7 Oct 2010 11:54PM GMT
You are welcome.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions