Search for content in message boards

Keating

Keating

Jack keating (View posts)
Posted: 14 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Keating, Crowley, Regan
Looking for Keatings in west Cork especially around Drimoleague,Drinagh,Caheragh and skibbereen. Jack
Posted: 13 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Mar 2002 1:42AM GMT
Surnames: Regan, Reagan, Ragan, Hagerty
Hi,

I am looking for a Dan Joseph Reagan. He was born in Wales but his parents were from Cork, Ireland. His mother was Elizabeth Hagerty and his father was Gerome Regan.
Does that match anyone you might have ?

Thanks Gracie

Regans of Drinagh West

Posted: 6 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jul 2001 5:46PM GMT
Surnames: Regan, Connolly
Do you have any information on any of the Regans of Drinagh West? William Regan (or O'Regan) was my great-great-grandfather. His daughter Bridget married John Connolly of Knockskagh. Williams Regan was a major tenant of Drinagh West, and also leased properties to Denis Regan and Patrick Regan in the same townland. The cemetery in Drinagh West also includes the tombstone of Daniel Regan, who served in the Royal Navy on the HMS Dreadnought. Any connections?

Catherine Regan

Posted: 8 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Regan
I only discovered William this past summer, and am beginning to work backwards. Your Catherine would be his generation or earlier? Catherine is a common name in the area. My great-grandmother Bridget (b. 1842) named her second child (first daughter) Catherine, but that could have been after her husband's mother (Catherine Williamson). I'll let you know when and if I find out more.

Regan

Jack Keating (View posts)
Posted: 8 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: REGAN
My GGGrandfather Patrick Keating was married to Catherine Regan. He was from Drimdaleague nect to Drinagh. Catherine is unknown, They married before 1837. Do you have any related info? Thanks Jack

REGAN - Cork

Deirdra Sullivan (View posts)
Posted: 20 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Were any of your REGANS bridge builders in Cork?

Regans as bridge builders?

Posted: 21 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Regan
I don't have any information about occupations, beyond the land that the Drinagh West Regans leased, and Daniel's Navy service. Where were there Regans who built bridges?

Regan - Bridge Builders

Deirdra Sullivan (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
My husband's family says that their REGAN's built bridges in Cork City.

Regan's from county Cork

Posted: 20 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Oct 2001 4:23AM GMT
Surnames: REGAN
Sheilia
MY grandfathers brothers name was William. He was born in 1871 in Boherbue. that's all the info i have on him. i don't know if he stayed in Ireland or left for somewhere else. his parentes names were JEREMIAH and MARY.
HE had two sisters Ellen DOB 1867 and JULIA 1873. and my grandfather patrick 1869. william was born 1871. maybe this will help the both of us. if you have any another info or need any more e mail me at GAEILGE7@aol.com

THANKS DON REGAN

Regan of Drinagh marrage to Murphy of Edencurra

Posted: 9 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Nov 2002 1:07AM GMT
My gg grandparents are Julia Regan of Drinagh and Jeremiah Murphy of Edencurra. Their marriage to place at St. Finbarr's in Drimoleague, Cork. on Feb. 2nd, 1856. Witness' of the marriage were William O'Regan and James Murphy. The parents of Jeremiah were James and Margaret (Dullea) Murphy of Edencurra later residing in Inchafuen. I am also researching the Regan's of Drinagh. I do know that one of the Regan's immigrated to the South Boston area on a farm. He had three son's, one a priest, one who went to N.Y. and another who had Down's Syndrome. I have no additional information on this family but I am going to research through the Catholic Church on Fr. Regan to see if this pans out.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic