Search for content in message boards

Maria from SWEDEN is Looking for a Olson family in Menominee?

Maria from SWEDEN is Looking for a Olson family in Menominee?

Posted: 14 Jan 2013 10:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello
My name is Maria and I´m from Sweden so excuse me for my bad english.
I´m looking for children or grandchildren of Vitalis Olson born 1878-06-03 in Huggenäs Sweden, and Selma C Olson born 1889-01-28, dead 1981-02.
I now that they had 2 girls Rut M Olson and Signe E Olson.

Vitalis and Selma came to America in 1911. I think they lived in this adress at first -607 Wabash Avenue, Menominee in the 1920´s)and then later they lived at 1102 Stephenson Avenue, Menominee.(He worked att at saw mill in the 30´s.

His daughter Rut went 4 years in high school.Worked as a maid in a private home in the 1930´s.
Signe also went 4 years in high school.
I think Vitalis died sometimes under the 1940`s. Because I know that Selma was a widow 1949.

I dont know if the daughters has married or not.But I hope that they both have familys that still is alive so I can get in touch.

Vitalis also had three brothers that emigrated to America that I would like to know more about and if they have any relatives left that I can get in touch with.

Hjalmar Olson born 1869-05-10 in Botilsäter, Wermland, Sweden. Emigrated in 1887-05-21.(Enginering).He was married to Gertrud, born 1875 in Sweden.(Emigrated 1888) And the had a son Herbert H born in Michigan.1902?
They lived in this adress:
1146 Stephenson Avenue, Menominee City.

Karl Oskar Olson
born 1876-02-24 in Huggenäs, Wermland, Sweden. He emigrated 1902-07-29. But it looks as he came home to sweden again and. But return to America in 1930-02-15.The adress he moved to is his other brother Victor Olson s adress at 121 Central Park, Evanston, Illinois. I think that Carl Oscar died 1951-06-18 in Los Angeles but I´m not sure.

Victor Olson was born in 1889-03-22 in Sweden. He became a American citizen 1928-02-07. He lived at this adress:
1538 Washington Ave,.Wilmette Illinois.

Well this some of the facts that I have...so I hope that someone can help me. Maybe I can help someone back with information from Sweden :)

Please help me anyone...

Regards

Maria Fridh Olsson
Säffle, Värmland, Sweden

Re: Maria from SWEDEN is Looking for a Olson family in Menominee?

Posted: 15 Jan 2013 5:01PM GMT
Surnames: Hansen, Olson, Peterson, Barker, Madsen, Anderson
Hi Maria, I'm not related, but did find a marriage record for Vitales Olson age 27 years, parents Olof Anderson and Kristiana Anderson and Selma Peterson age 24, parents Theodore Peterson and Sophia Anderson. Married 27 Aug 1913 Menominee, Menominee, Michigan.

They are buried in Riverside Cemetery, Menominee, Michigan under Vilalis Olson died 1944, buried 17 Oct 1944.
Selma is also there. Look on www.findagrave.com

Found a Obituary for Signe Ester Olson Hansen Madsen, she died 4 Feb 2009 and is buried at Riverside Cemetery. She was married to Alfred Hansen and he died 13 Aug 1992 and then to Henry Madsen and he died in 2003. Signe was preceded in death by a daughter, Cheryl, that I can tell, she died 8 Aug 1969.
Her sister was still living in 2009 Ruth Peterson and a niece Sharon Barker both of Menominee.

Hope this helps.
Stacey

Posted: 15 Jan 2013 8:18PM GMT
Hi Stacey and thank you very much for this information.
It meens a lot to me :)
Do you have any suggestions how to find Vitalis´s brothers that I´m also looking for.

/Maria

Posted: 16 Jan 2013 8:08AM GMT
Hi again Stacey!
I´m wondering if you could check something out for me.
Can you see when Signe Ester Olson Hansen Madsen, Selma Petterson and Sharon Barker was born?
And maybe Ruth Peterson also. I´m greatful for all the help I can get.

Thanks
Maria
per page

Find a board about a specific topic