Search for content in message boards

Gannon Family

Gannon Family

Brenda McClaskey Wilson (View posts)
Posted: 20 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gannon, Fields, Moore, McClaskey
Looking for parents of Jesse Gannon married to Elizabeth Fields in Lawrence County. Jesse served in Civil War. I believe his parents may have been from Pike County, KY. Any information or links would be appreciated.

Elizabeth and Jesse Gannon

Posted: 4 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jul 2006 1:50AM GMT
Surnames: Gannon
I have a picture of a cabin Jesse built for his family, with one arm,having lost one arm in the civil war. (1883-1911)

Family

James R. Worley (View posts)
Posted: 5 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Gannon
Brenda: I have some Gannon's in my family tree in Lawrence Co. Oh. They too came from the Pike Co. Ky area. There is also supposed to be a "Gannon Cemetery in Perry Twp. someplace I believe. My "ROWE" web site is listed below.

Gannon cemetery

Brenda McClaskey Wilson (View posts)
Posted: 6 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Gannon, McClaskey, Fields, Moore
Yes, James you are correct. The Gannon family cemetery is located in Perry Township, I was there this past spring. It was overgrown but the markers were in pretty good shape. Are there Rowe's buried in that plot? During that visit we also saw the cabin that Jesse Gannon had built for his family after he returned from the civil war. Quite a remarkable feat considering he lost an arm in the war! We are getting a sizable data base of Gannon relatives, please email me so we can chat. I also have a connection to Worleys. Hope to talk soon! bwilson9@columbus.rr.com

Worley/Worly & Moore?

Posted: 11 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jul 2001 1:57PM GMT
Surnames: MOORE, WORLEY, NEWMAN
I am curious, even though none of the "individual" names sound familiar, (haven't gone back that far yet). The fact that you mention MOORE'S from VA and a WORLEY.... Do you show an A.B. Moore marrying an Ann WORLEY and residing in AR?

I am a bit stumped at this point, with varying information from elderly relatives to my husband (his line), but the concensus is that the family came from KY, previously from VA. If those two people show up in your line(s), please let me know, I'd love to get over this little hump. Other names are: Lafayette (Fate) Moore, and A.B. (Abraham Bingham), William Carlee.... Look forward to possibly matching info.

Karen

Re: Gannon cemetery

Suzanne Rowe Porter (View posts)
Posted: 18 Oct 2006 3:55AM GMT
Yes, there is a John Robert Rowe buried there with his first wife, Olive Williams. John's grave doesn't have a marker, but my father (John's son) told me where it was. I am not sure of the connection between Olive and Rachel Gannon. Would love to exchange info.

Re: Family

Posted: 18 Mar 2007 2:41AM GMT
James, I am from Pike county. I am the ganddaughter of Grover C. Rowe, former Sheriff of Pike county. I am also related to the Gannons. My great grandmother was Mary Perlina Gannon Keene, daughter of jonathan Gannon, b.3-28-1856.
I would like to see your Rowe website if you don't mind. Please send me the address.
thanks,
Mary Ann Reed (Cincinnati)
(Martigo on the Rootsweb Gannon Site)

Re: Family

Posted: 18 Mar 2007 2:41AM GMT
James, I am from Pike county. I am the ganddaughter of Grover C. Rowe, former Sheriff of Pike county. I am also related to the Gannons. My great grandmother was Mary Perlina Gannon Keene, daughter of jonathan Gannon, b.3-28-1856.
I would like to see your Rowe website if you don't mind. Please send me the address.
thanks,
Mary Ann Reed (Cincinnati)
(Martigo on the Rootsweb Gannon Site)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic