Search for content in message boards

Reita Marian Parker

Reita Marian Parker

Posted: 5 Nov 2012 11:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Curtis Parker Short Scanlan Gibson

Searching for a marriage record, or death record for Rita Marian Parker - Father Charles Vincent Parker - Mother - Alice Selina May Curtis - In Victora Australia. Brother William.

This whole family seems to have vanished!

Any information greatly received.

Re: Reita Marian Parker

Posted: 5 Nov 2012 1:25PM GMT
It is likely that you can't find anything because the events are too recent and the records are closed to public access.

Publicly available marriage indexes in Victoria stop at 1942.

If Rita's parents are the ones who married in NSW in 1922 then it is likely that she is still living. Death indexes in Victoria only extend to 1982 so you would need to search cemeteries instead.

Debra

Posted: 5 Nov 2012 1:40PM GMT
Edited: 5 Nov 2012 1:45PM GMT
Alice Selina May PARKER died in 1968 aged 69, registered at Sandford, Victoria #6660

SPRINGVALE BOTANICAL CEMETERY
ALICE SELINA MAY PARKER
Religion NONE
Date of Service 15/03/1968
Burial Type CREMATED
Location Details THE CREMATED REMAINS HAVE BEEN SCATTERED

In 1963 she was living at Gardenvale Road, Elsternwick.

Debra

Posted: 5 Nov 2012 2:06PM GMT
The 1949 electoral roll shows Alice and Vincent Charles (sic) living at West Road, Footscray. His name is crossed and there is a note which says Lithgow (NSW) with a date that I can't read. He is in Lithgow in 1954 living at the Court House Hotel, occupation Public Servant.

Electoral Rolls do not give relationships, so this is not necessarily Alice's husband.

Debra

Posted: 5 Nov 2012 7:49PM GMT
Hi,
I have no idea how you can state ""This whole family seems to have vanished!""...when in your previous queries you have supplied or been given the information on the parents Charles/Vincent and Alice.

You already knew BEFORE this post when/where Alice and Charles/Vincent died and where Alice is buried...

You even have the Electoral Rolls for who appears to be Reita Marion from 1949 to 1980...

Have you followed anything through from the replies to your previous queries?

Kellie

Posted: 5 Nov 2012 9:57PM GMT

Thanks Kellie for your email - and YES! to answer your question, I HAVE been tracking and tracking and tracking. It has all come to a bloody great big DEAD END! Hence this post!

I appreciate the help that all the wonderful people on this site have given me, INCLUDING yourself, however, I find your reply a little bit rude to say the least - not all of us are magicians on this site.

Posted: 5 Nov 2012 10:11PM GMT

That makes sense why I can't find her. I didn't realise what year they stopped.
I have drawn a dead end on her brother, and there are so many Parkers in the phone book ! But now tracing the northern NSW link on their father, with some success.

I know that Aunty Alice was cremated, but thankyou for this information again.

I am truly hoping that sheis still alive, as it would be so wonderful to connect with her.

Thank Deb, for your email and patience, it is very much appreciated.

Julie

Posted: 5 Nov 2012 10:13PM GMT
Hi,
I might sound rude but bottom line is in this thread on NSW Board
http://boards.ancestry.com.au/localities.oceania.australia.n...

This family was found and hadn't vanished at all!!!!

We cannot access,,due to privacy laws,,,the information about Reita (or her brother who you seem to know is deceased.)
So it hasn't come to a dead end,,you have just reached the limits of publicly free records accessible online.

Repeating posts on different boards WITHOUT linking to your previous posts just sees people like Debra REPEAT searches that have already been done and supply the same information that was given to you months ago.

I may be rude but how rude do you think it is to repeat posts for info you have already been given and expect people to repeat searches WITHOUT letting them know what has already been found????

I think it was Mary who found what looks like Reita in Elect Rolls to 1980.
Your best bet would be to follow that lead up.
You can access current elect rolls at any electoral office or the phonebook online.

We are not supposed to discuss possible living people on these boards, so your best line of action is to follow through with the info already supplied.

It has nothing to do with being a magician,,just not being lazy!

Kellie

Posted: 5 Nov 2012 10:17PM GMT

Lazy ? wow, big call.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions