Search for content in message boards

Kohler/Kollar from Graz, Austria

Kohler/Kollar from Graz, Austria

Posted: 30 Apr 2013 2:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Jul 2013 7:04PM GMT
Surnames: Kohler, Kollar, Bracie, Bratchit
I am working on my family tree.

I’ve discovered that my great great grandmother, Anna Bracie’s father was a buergermeister. Anna was born 26 Sep 1860 in Graz, Austria.
Anthony Kohler might have gone by the name of Anton Kollar. He was born 10 May 1861 in Graz, Austria.
Anthony Kohler/Kollar’s parents were Paul Kohler/Kollar and Mary Bratchit.
My family and I believe they were from Graz, Austria. They were Roman Catholics.

Anna and Anton had 7 children, all girls and one boy:
1. Wilhelmina Kollar/Kohler born 1886 in Austria
2. Marie Kollar/Kohler born 1887 in Austria
3. Mathilde Kollar/Kohler born 1891 in Austria
4. Antonia Kollar/Kohler born 1897 in Austria
5. Anton Kollar/Kohler born 1898 in Austria (the son and my great grandfather)
6. Therese J. Kollar born 1901 in Austria
7. Margaret Rose Kollar/Kohler born 1903 in New York, USA

Of all the children, only Marie was left behind in Germany.

Anna Bracie was on SS Kaiser Wilhelm Der Grosse ship on 7 Sep 1898 sailing to Ellis Island, New York from Bremen, Germany with 3 of her children, one of them was my great grandfather.

I'd like to know if there are any records on Anna and Anton and their families to confirm their vitals? I'd also like to know more about them, too.

Thanks for any help.
Robin

Re: Kohler/Kollar from Graz, Austria

Posted: 3 Jun 2013 6:09AM GMT
Your query is really quite complicated so my I suggest that you post your query, exactly as it is here, on the special forum for Austrian genealogy:

Austria-L@genealogy.net

They also have their own researcher website: www.familia-austria.at, see the "international Version" page

Most of the forum members have no problem with English, if you have any problems feel free to contact me.

Posted: 3 Jun 2013 6:11PM GMT
Hi Anna, I tried to do as you suggested. I have no idea where to submit my post on Austria-L@genealogy.net as the website is escribed in German. I am not a fluent German reader so I will need your help if possible to submit my post. Thank you! :)

Posted: 3 Jun 2013 8:13PM GMT
Hi, just click on the link in your mail (Austria-L@genealogy.net) and an email opens. Type in the subject of the mail, as here, add the text of your enquiry and then click post.

Don't worry about the English, they can all understand. If that doesn't work, let me know again. regards

Posted: 4 Jun 2013 3:36AM GMT
It did open up as an e-mail format at first but I was not sure if that was it. Thanks again!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions