Search for content in message boards

Death of Timmons J. Bridges, Cleveland Co., NC

Death of Timmons J. Bridges, Cleveland Co., NC

Posted: 4 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 1:05AM GMT
Surnames: Bridges, Hamrick, Jolley, McSwain
Timmons J. Bridges, son of Aaron and Sarah Jane Hamrick Bridges, married Silvia Raney Jolley c1848, probably in Cleveland Co., NC. They had three children: Kisiah, Mary Ellen, and James Washington Bridges. On 8 Feb 1856, George William McSwain married Silvia Raney Jolley Bridges. In Dec 1857, George was appointed legal guardian of the three children of Timmons Bridges. Does anyone have a date of death of Timmons Bridges? All I have from another researcher is "before 1856". Also, does anyone have information as to the circumstances surounding his death?

BRIDGES & HAMRICK

Posted: 19 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 9:39PM GMT
Surnames: BRIDGES, HAMRICK
Volume 7 of the SC Mag. of Ancestral Research lists some Bridges and Hamricks buried in the "old section" of the Buffalo Baptist Churchyard in Cherokee Co.,SC. You can access this on ancestry.com if you are a member. It might be a good starting place. I am researching Benjamin Bridges, SR., b. SC 1750, m. Rebecca Stubbs of SC; both died in Meriwether Co.,GA.

Bridges Surname

Judith Mannino (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bridges, Brown
My grandfather (Littleberry "Bert" Brown) born 10-25-1880,in Georgia (possibly Woodbury,GA in Meriweather County) married Lula Mae BRIDGES December 18, 1904. Lula's father was Jacob Shadrack (or Shadrick) BRIDGES, her mother was Gatsey (or Gatsee) Milstead. Since you mentioned Georgia, I thought this info might be a connection. I obtained this information from copies of a family bible and also from a BARBARA WADDELL, CHATOM, ALABAMA. Good Luck with your searching.

Re: Death of Timmons J. Bridges, Cleveland Co., NC

Posted: 21 Jul 2003 7:57PM GMT
Surnames: Bridges, Early, McCary, Kilgo
Do you know the names of Aaron's children? I descend from Joshua. Have seen posts that said he belonged to Aaron and Sarah Hamrick. Joshua and Aaron were on the 1820 census of Jackson Co, GA. This was probably Aaron, Jr. Any help appreciated.

Re: Children of Aaron Bridges

Posted: 21 Jul 2003 8:41PM GMT
Edited: 28 Oct 2005 1:14AM GMT
Surnames: Bridges, Hamrick, Hicks, Lee, Jolley
Hi, Freda
I have the following children for Aaron and his wife Sarah Jane Hamrick:
Drucindy m. Asa Hamrick
Drury m. Ethie Elwithie Hicks
Pricilla m. George Lee
Rosanna m. Osborne Lee
Timmons J. m. Silvia Raney Jolley

I'm sending you an email off the board with an attached family group sheet and source information

Hope this helps

William Skinner (View posts)
Posted: 17 Mar 2006 4:59AM GMT
Surnames: Bridges, Skinner
My great-grandmother was Juanita Bridges, daughter of Aaron Bridges and ?, who married William Gaston Skinner. William Gaston Skinner died in 1974, but Juanita didn't die until the 1980s. This line of Bridges lived either in Cleveland Co or Rutherford Co, NC.

For dates and more info on Juanita, I'll have to get back to you. I'm on the road today and I check my email sporadically during school year (I teach middle school Literature).

William Skinner

Freda Daniel (View posts)
Posted: 21 Mar 2006 4:17PM GMT
Thanks for your reply. Is your Aaron Jr or Sr. I am grasping at straws here but thought there might be a connection. If not a father, maybe a brother to my Joshua.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions