Search for content in message boards

Stanaford Cemetery

Stanaford Cemetery

Posted: 27 Sep 2009 8:36PM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Can anyone tell me exactly where this cemetery is located? All I can find on the internet is Route 41 South. There is no other information listed. I hope to be visiting the area soon and would love to be able to get to this cemetery to get some photo's of family graves. Thanks so much for any assistance.

Re: Stanaford Cemetery

Posted: 27 Sep 2009 11:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am not sure how familiar you are with the area, so here goes.

If you are on Eisenhower Drive in Beckley (19/21 bypass) to need to turn onto Stanaford Road. I believe this is Rout 41 north going toward Prince. You will go about 2 miles and you will see Stanaford Elementary on your right. After you pass the school Stanaford Missionary Baptist Church is on the right.

About 50 feet from here on the left is a small old gracery store. For the life of me, I can not remember the name today. Make a left onto a dirt road just at the store. You will go about 100 feet and the road will split. Take the right split. The cemetery is on the left just over the hill.

Just for your convenience, I have photos of every headstone at the Stanaford Cemetery in the event you do not get to visit when you are in town.

Vickie Aliff

Posted: 2 Aug 2012 9:02PM GMT
Surnames: Wilson
Hi,
My wife's Aunt, Grace Wilson passed away last week, and her obituary requests that "In lieu of flowers, please make donations to the Stanaford Cemetery Association."

I've googled, but haven't turned up an address for the Stanaford Cemetery Association. Do you perchance know of an address or a personal contact for the group?

Thanks.

Phil

Posted: 8 Oct 2012 3:05AM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Edited: 8 Oct 2012 3:05AM GMT
Hi Phil,

I know this is late but, in case you haven't found the information yet, here it is:

Stanaford Cemetery Association
P.O. Box 268
Stanaford, WV 25927

You can verify this by looking at this photo, although you may have to click on it to enlarge it enough to read the address:

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=pis&PIcrid...

As you can see on the sign, the Secretary/Treasurer is Irene Bragg who is my aunt, but as she is aging, her daughter Mary Lilly actually handles the account now. Checks should be made payable to Stanaford Cemetery Assocation, and be sure to include your return address so Mary can send you a receipt. If you have any other questions or need further information, I'm sure Mary will be happy to help.

Posted: 27 Oct 2012 10:31PM GMT
Edited: 27 Oct 2012 10:37PM GMT
Is there a stone for George W Meadows he died in Tulsa, Ok Mar 1964 and buried at Stanaford Cemetery.
I am not sure but believe he might be the s/o Henry A Wise Meadows (b 1861) and Venila Cook (b 1868).
I would like to know who were Henry's parents.
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions