Search for content in message boards

Help Needed....

Help Needed....

Posted: 26 Nov 2012 8:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Jan 2013 11:22AM GMT
Surnames: Rosy, Randall
Hi All,
I am seeking any info on Nicholas ROSY/ROSEY listed as being born 25.12.1814 Liverpool Lancashire.
I have his father as John ROSY (Merchant)

The only other info I have is that Nicholas Rosy was a ship captain and served in the military of some sort.
He married 24.4.1841 London to Ellen Sophia Randall / Rendale
they had 2 children that I can locate

1/Ellen Emma Rosy/ Rosey b 1846 London - my ancestor who emigrated to Australia
2/ William Thomas Cowdery Rosy/ Rosey b 1844 London i have no further info on William.

The only other info I have is that Nicholas was widowed in 1846.
Is there anyone who can please assist me locating any records for him..

Debbie.

Re: Help Needed....

Posted: 9 Jan 2013 10:02AM GMT
Hi Debbie
Iknow its a while since you asked this query, but I had some idle time and have done some searching for ships captains myself.
I found only one reference, and vague at that, to a ships captain called Rosey.

It was a shipping report in the Glasgow Herald for 20 Dec 1868. It reported

CALCUTTA
SAILED
NOV 26 Knight Errant, Rosey, for London

I cannot find anything else in the newspapers, but will keep trying.

I find it quite difficult to search for shipping news as they were not very consistent with the captains names and the captains often changed ships.

Re: Help Needed....

Posted: 9 Jan 2013 10:18AM GMT
Sorry that appears to be MITCHELL DE ROSEY

De Rosey (1869a). Board of Trade: Agreement and Account of Crew (Foreign Going Ship). For 'Knight Errant' (ON 25.074), for voyage 08 June 1868 - 20 March 1869. Master: Donald Taylor, replaced in December 1868 by Mitchell De Rosey. [Access: Memorial University of Newfoundland, Maritime History Archive, St John's, Canada. May 2008]

De Rosey (1869b). Board of Trade Official Log Book No 4 for either foreign going or home going ship: 'Knight Errant' (ON 25.074), for "Calcutta" voyage 08 June 1868 - 20 March 1869. Master: Donald Taylor, replaced in December 1868 by Mitchell De Rosey. [Access: Memorial University of Newfoundland, Maritime History Archive, St John's, Canada. May 2008]

But maybe De Rosey is a variation to look for !!

Di
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions