Search for content in message boards

Popek Family

Popek Family

Daniel Popek (View posts)
Posted: 25 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Popek
Searching for ancestors of Wojciech Popek, born April 11, 1893 in Mazury (Rzeszow), Poland. Wojciech had two sisters, Agnes and Mary Popek, who immigrated to New Jersey. He also had two sisters, Katherine and Rose, and at least three brothers, Anthony, Joseph, and John Popek, who remained in Rzeszow region and are now deceased. Interested in all descendents of Wojciech's siblings who remained in Poland.

POPEK Family

TREVAUX (View posts)
Posted: 28 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: POPEK
Hello !
I'm a son of Anna POPEK Born in MAZURY on 1915 from Christopher POPEK
Please have you more information on this link.
My uncle Jan POPEK was a mayor of MAZURY ; He is now decease.
Happy to read you soon !
Gustave TREVAUX

Re: POPEK Family- MAZURY; BORAWAs nearby ZIELONKA

Jerry Zaloga (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 2001 7:10PM GMT
Did any Popeks marry Borawas from nearby Zielonka. Also,what
church did the Popeks/Mazury, and, Borawas/Zielonka GO TO?
Raniszow??

Re: Popek Family-MAZURY; BORAWAs nearby ZIELONKA

Jerry Zaloga (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 2001 7:16PM GMT
Surnames: BORAWA, POPEK
Dan, Did any Popeks marry BORAWAs from nearby Zielonka? Also
do you know what church they went to? In Raniszow?? Have you
seen any records and are any in LDS Archives?

Re: Popek Family

Posted: 15 Jun 2002 2:15AM GMT
Edited: 17 Aug 2005 4:07AM GMT
Surnames: Popek
I have done some research on the Popek family from Mazury, Poland. I'm not sure if they're related to my family or not. My great great grandparents, Jan Bak and Mariana Malec, both came to the U.S. (more specifically, Passaic), from Mazury in 1903, before they were married. I have researched the Popeks because they were A. also from Mazury and B., because Agnes Popek is on the manifest line directly above Mary's sister, Zofia Malec. Agnes came 24 Oct 1904 on The Slavonia, sailing from Trieste. Her destination was given as her sister Marya Popek. I have also found other Popeks from Mazury. Agnieska (age 18) and Maryanna Popek (age 16) both came from Mazury in Feb. 1902. Agnieska was going to Anna Dec, sister of Rozalia. Maryanna was going to her cousin Maryanna Dunyska (sp.). An Aniela Popek, age 15, immigrated in Apr. 1904, going to her sister Marya Popek. I have also searched the 1920 census in Passaic. There was a Sophie Popek, age 26; a Tillie Popek (living w/Sophie), age 33; Walter Popek age 30; K. Popek age 25; Catherine Popek, age 41 and a Frank Popek, age 29. I do not know if all of these Popeks are from Mazury; I simply wrote all their names & ages down. Although the manifest is in crummy condition, it looks like my ggrandmother Mariana Malec also immigrated with a Popek from Mazury (but they had gone to Rotterdam first). Because of this, my guess is that they are from the same town, at the least, if not actually related. Perhaps the Malecs and the Popeks are cousins. I already know that the Malecs were cousins of the Wilks. I also have information on the Decs, the Rialas, the Mikolaycyk's, the Baks and the Skwiras. Perhaps we are somehow related??

Re: POPEK Family

Posted: 15 Jun 2002 11:30PM GMT
Edited: 17 Aug 2005 4:07AM GMT
Hi! I'm glad to have found another Popek relative from Mazury. Actually, I'm not sure that I am related to the Popeks, but they seem to have been at least friends of my great great grandparents, Mariana Malec and Jan Bak. Mariana and Jan were also from Mazury. Would you happen to know of any Malecs, Baks or Wilks in Mazury, and if they are perhaps related to the Popeks? Thanks!
Melissa

Re: POPEK Family

TREVAUX (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jun 2002 5:05AM GMT
Hi! I'm sorry , but I don't know anything about Malecs, baks or Wilks in Mazury. My knowledge about my ancestors in Mazury is too much weak. May be later ? Thank you for your message. Good luck for your research.
Trevaux

Pat (View posts)
Posted: 9 Nov 2003 1:07PM GMT
Surnames: Popek, Krzynowek
Hello, I'm trying to help a friend, Edward Popek, find some family connections. He only has this information: Grandfather : Ludwick Popek-- grandmother Teofila nee: Krzynowek. He's not sure what part of Poland they were from , but is sure that's the right country. I couldn't find anything in the ellis island search, but he thinks they may have come into the US a different way. Anyone having any info ---please email me at FoxyLP@aol.com. Thanks in advance for any help. Oh, almost forgot---- they lived in Ohio the later part of their lives.

Posted: 4 Apr 2004 9:30PM GMT
Surnames: Popek, Popick, Prokop, Prokopiw
I have traced my Popek family to a town called Nosow. There is a village named Nosowka near Rzeszow, Poland.

Anna (Olena) Prokop(iw) married Michael Popek (sometimes written Popak). The had one son in Nosow, Austria (modern day Poland). His birth name was Eugenius Popek, which he later changed to James Popick. Eugenius listed his birthplace on his naturalization petition as Nosow. The family (I don't know if seperate, or all together) immigrated through NY in 1911-1912. They lived in Brooklyn for awhile until they moved to CT.

I am sure that Michael's name was not Michael...but unfortunately he died when his sons were quite young and there is little to no information about him. Does this sound like anything you have come across. I can't imagine there were very many families of Popeks in Rzeszow that aren't related???

Posted: 3 May 2005 3:16AM GMT
Surnames: DEC
Melissa:
I am related to the DEC family and have been searching for info for years. Some how the DEC's are related to my GALEK family. Please write me!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions