Search for content in message boards

Jehu Everett

Jehu Everett

Bob Thompson (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Everitt, Everett, Thompson
Am looking for the children (and wife) of Jehu Everitt or Everett, seeking confirmation that he had a daughter Sarah Ann Everett who married John Britton Hand bef. 1820. John Britton Hand was a son of Obediah Hand.Also any information on the children of Joseph Thompson, listed in the 1816 list of Washington County taxpayers, or on David Thompson, also on that list.

Jehu Everitt

Craig A. Everett (View posts)
Posted: 27 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Bob - there is alot of data on Jehu, the 4th child of John and Sarah Everett who migrated fron NC into the Effingham/Bulloch area of east Georgia in 1785. However, the Sarah Ann that you mention was the eldest child of Jehu's older brother, ENOCH (1779-1836). He also died in Washington Co., AL. Sarah Ann (1803-1866) married John Britton Hand, son of Obediah Hand and wife Sarah Britton Godfrey Butler. Sarah and John are buried in Stonewall, MS and they had 12 children. This is from Alvaretta Register's book, the Everett/Everitt Family. Let me know if you would like to know how to get her book.
Craig Everett

EVERITT

MaryAnn P. Hormuth (View posts)
Posted: 15 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Everitt, Hand
Alvaretta K. Register's book, EVERETT/EVERITT FAMILY HISTORY . . ., on page 217 says that Sarah Ann Everitt is the daughter of Enoch Everitt. Enoch Everitt is the third child of John and Sarah (Fagan) Everett. Sarah Ann married John Britton Hand. Jehu Everitt is a younger brother of Enoch's.

Everett - Fagan

MARYANN P. HORMUTH (View posts)
Posted: 17 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Everett, Everitt, Fagan, Vanderbilt, Moody, Martin
4/17/99
Sarah Fagan, who married John Everett in Tyrell County, North Carolina, in about 1772. Sarah was the daughter of Bedford Fagan and his wife, Mary. This lineage information is in Alvaretta K. Register's book.
It's possible that this Fagan line has been researched further by Commodore Vanderbilt descendants. His third wife was granddaughter of John Fagan Everitt who was three times mayor of Mobile. I do have more personal info on Sarah that I obtained from such a source on the internet.
I do know of one Everitt line that is connected to the Moodys of Galveston. I'm not sure if it's the Moodys directly or to the first owners of the Moody mansion. I haven't read carefully enough. Narcissa Martin Boulware of Montgomery, Texas, sent me her lineage info, and she is an Everitt descendant of Josephean Moore, daughter of Polly Berry Everett Moore.

MaryAnn Hormuth

Everitt-Fagan

Dan Franklin (View posts)
Posted: 17 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Fagan, Turner, Everitt, Moody
Any idea on the parents of the Sarah Fagan you mentioned? I have a Fagan line in GA, that moved to AL and then to TX. Jacob Moody b.1834, Covington Co, AL; m. Emily Fagan and moved in 1855 to the area that became San Jacinto Co, TX. There are also Everitts in San Jacinto Co, TX that married into the Moody family there. Don't know how they connect to Jehu. Also Wiley and Allen Turner in the 1860 census of Washington Co, AL moved to San Jacinto Co.

Re: Jehu Everitt

Posted: 17 Jul 2001 4:22PM GMT
Edited: 18 Oct 2001 2:31AM GMT
Surnames: Blackwell-Everett-Smith-York-Rawls-Reese-Semmes
I would like info on how to get a copy of Alvaretta Register's book, the Everett/Everitt Family. My g-grandmother was Ellen (Selena) Everett. I don't have any other info on her, but I'd like to research her family a little more. Thanks. Gerald
lagunaz7@tds.net

Re: Jehu Everitt

Posted: 18 Jul 2001 3:43PM GMT
Edited: 21 Feb 2003 2:47PM GMT
Gerald - I was surprised you found that old note. The Register book on the Everetts can be purchased from the Statesboro Public Library, Statesboro, GA. You can purchase it over the phone with a credit card. I don't have their # right here but if you have difficulty finding it let me know.
Craig

Re: Everett - Fagan

Posted: 9 Aug 2001 3:21AM GMT
Edited: 7 Nov 2001 5:15AM GMT

Mary Ann:
I saw a note you posted on the RSL dated 17 Apr 1999 regarding the
Everet-Fagan surnames. You mentioned POLLY BERRY EVERETT MOORE who is my
maternal gr -gr -grandmother. Do you think that Narcissa Martin Boulware
would mind your sharing her information with me? Do you still have a way to
contact Narcissa? I am very interested in her info and would gladly share my
info with her and you also.

Thank you, Doris Stephenson

Re: Jehu Everett

Deborah L. Adams (View posts)
Posted: 5 Nov 2001 1:53AM GMT
Surnames: Everett
My father was Jahue Everett. His grandfather was Jahue Ballard Everett and Was married to a Sarah Ann. Her maiden name is unknown to me. First availble info that I have is from Izzard Co. Ark. Both are buired in Madill Ok. Don't know if this helps or not.

Re: Everett - Fagan

Posted: 1 Jan 2002 1:34AM GMT
Edited: 6 Jan 2002 3:47PM GMT
Are you from Clay WV. My dads name is Everett Stephenson.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic