Search for content in message boards

CRUNER (GRUNER/CROWNER), SHOVE, WEED

CRUNER (GRUNER/CROWNER), SHOVE, WEED

Steve Potts (View posts)
Posted: 20 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query

Feb 3 1998: Any info Peter CRUNER (also sp GRUNER and CROWNER) family in Litchfield 1790 census; they later moved to Washington and Jefferson Counties in NY. Also interested info Levi SHOVE and Abigail (WEED) Shove family of Warren; they lived in Warren ca. 1790-1837 (when both died). I am compiling a Crowner and Shove family history.
story.

Crowner

Jackie (View posts)
Posted: 19 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Dunning, Crowner, Case, Cobb, White, Root, Lounsbury, Rashleigh, Caruss, Pones, Grimes, Gillett, Willet, Mason
Searching Clinton County,Michigan for DUNNING. Searching Litchfield County,CT for Sanford CROWNER who married a Della E. CASE, & ALL of the surnames listed above.
Posted: 5 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 17 May 2003 1:51AM GMT
Surnames: Rashleigh, Bell
Rashleigh and Bell in Keweenaw County and Houghton County
Left Cornwall for Calumet & Houghton

Cobb surname

Posted: 26 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jul 2001 6:27PM GMT
Surnames: Cobb, Case
I am researching Cobb genealogy. My Cobb's are Ariel and Alvin, Alvin was born in 1797, the son of Ariel. Ariel was married to Lucy, and we believe her maiden name is Case. Her father may be Gideon Case. The Cobb's were in Litchfield at the turn of the century. Many were members of the "Congregational Church" in South and East Canaan. Could this be the same Case/Cobb connection? Also, my Cobb's eventually migrated to Michigan--VanBuren and Kalamazoo counties.

Re: Cobb surname

Cherre (View posts)
Posted: 10 Aug 2001 7:39AM GMT
Surnames: Cobb, Richardson, Cash
Hi!

I'm also trying to find a Cobb-Litchfield, Connecticut connection. Does the following sound familiar by any chance?

James Thomas Cobb b: 26 February 1792 in Connecticut; m: Catharine Cash 8 October 1824; moved to Mahoning County, Ohio; d: 8 January 1876.

His sister ~

Susanna Cobb b: c1806; m: John R. Richardson 1826 in Portage County, Ohio.

Trying to find further information on their parents and/or siblings.

Thanks,

Cherre

Re: Crowner

Posted: 15 Sep 2001 1:21AM GMT
I have done research on this family. My wife descends from Sanford's brother.

Re: CRUNER (GRUNER/CROWNER), SHOVE, WEED

Posted: 30 Jun 2002 3:59AM GMT
Edited: 5 Jan 2005 9:06PM GMT
Steve,
I don't know if I had written you before. Levi and Abigail Shove are my great x 6 grandparents. What information do you need to know about them??
Lorinda

Betty Cary (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 2005 7:39PM GMT
Surnames: CROWNER
Stanley Pierce has published a genealogy of Peter Crowner's family. I have a copy and would answer questions. This genealogy offers little for locations or personal information about occupations, etc.

My descent is: Peter, Joseph, Alson, Walter, Floyd(1883-1954), Iva(1905-1957).

Betty Cary

Re: Cobb surname

Posted: 29 Nov 2005 9:55PM GMT
Surnames: Cobb
Have you found out any more information on James T Cobb and his parents?

Posted: 2 Jun 2007 2:21AM GMT
Surnames: shove, weed
Steve,
Would love to get in contact with you regarding LEVI SHOVE and ABIGAIL WEED. They were my g-g-g-g-grandparents!! You can email me at Lorilu725@sbcglobal.net. I will be looking forward to hearing from you!!

Lorinda
Danbury, Connecticut
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions