Search for content in message boards

DAINS - DAINES - GOULD - COVERT

DAINS - DAINES - GOULD - COVERT

Posted: 28 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 May 2006 5:43PM GMT
Surnames: DAINS, DAINES, GOULD, COVERT
Seeking information for John A. DAINS (DAINES) b:abt 1820 in New York, migrated to Oakland County,MI. M: Eliza GOULD.
Enlisted in 8th Regiment Michigan Cavalry in Grand Rapids, February 15, 1864. Musted out in April 1865. Returned to
Oakland County and died there abt. 1889-1890.
Know he was alive in July 1889, as he was a paulbeared at funeral of Hiram Leroy COVERT.
They had at least one son, Arthur Agustus DAINS (DAINES) b: 11-21-1847 in Holly, Oakland Co.MI, mar: Sarah Electa
COVERT 7-27-1872 in Holly,MI. Served in 1st. Michigan Cavalry. Died in Prarie City,OR on 5-26-1932.
Would appreciate hearing from anyone that has knowledge of this family in the Oakland County, area.
Thanks, Jackie

Re: DAINS - DAINES - GOULD - COVERT

Posted: 15 Nov 2012 11:16PM GMT
Edited: 16 Nov 2012 6:59PM GMT
Surnames: Dains, Gould, Fitzwater
The lady your John A. Dains married, Eliza Jane Gould, would be a sister to my wife's great-grandfather. I have John A. Dains dieing on 2/3/1900 and buried in Oak Hill Cemetery in Holly, Michigan.
Also in the cemetery are his parents: Stephen Dains (b 1778 Connecticut - d 1856 in Holly) and Rachel Fitzwater
As per the Gould family, Eliza Jane was a daughter of Solomon and Susan Gould and she was born in New York as well as other siblings Barton, Solomon H., Martha A., James Marvin (born Steuben County, NY); Adelaide, born in Michigan as were Jerome, Grover and Ellen. Jerome was my wife's great-grandfather on her paternal side.
If anyone's related, contact me please

Re: DAINS - DAINES - GOULD - COVERT

Posted: 1 Dec 2012 6:32PM GMT
Edited: 2 Dec 2012 2:20PM GMT
Surnames: Gould
Hi, sorry to having been slow in answering you. We were down in Humble, TX (Houston) visiting Mervin (Merv's) sister. I was unable to travel this past summer and we made
a quick trip there for Thanksgiving.

Yes, Eliza Jane Gould is Merv's, G.G.Grandmother. If you will contact me at jackiepurdy@comcast.net I will send you an invite to my Monson/Purdy tree on Ancestry. I have quite a few pictures on there.
So your wife and Merv are related.
Do you know where Eliza is buried? We have not been able to find her grave. We went to Holly 3 different time in the
past 10 years doing research.
Looking forward to hearing from you all.
Merv and Jackie Purdy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic