Search for content in message boards

NELSON FAMILY BIBLE

NELSON FAMILY BIBLE

Posted: 1 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Bible
Edited: 2 Feb 2003 2:10AM GMT
Surnames: TUCKER, CLEAVES, SPARROW, MASON, WALLACE, NELSON
Bible printed 1744 in England with handwritten information back to 1725. Begins with Robert Tucker, VA, who married Elizabeth Cleaves, to Sparrow, Benjamin Mason who married Nancy Nelson, their sons Benjamin & Thomas Mason marriages and Wallace spouses, death of Esther Eliza Nelson, b. of Joseph Nelson who married Pattie Sarah Williams and their children of Craven Co. NC and their birth and marriages

Re: NELSON FAMILY BIBLE

Sharon (View posts)
Posted: 10 Mar 2002 6:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Nelson, Bailey, Mitchell
I am trying to find information on the families of Tom Nelson who married (Mary?) Bailey in Person County, NC. Their son was John Nelson, b. 8-22-1840 in Person County, NC. John married Sara Jane Mitchell 11-8-1868. I am the ggranddaughter of John Nelson.

Thank you in advance!
Sharon

Laird Chadwick Moore (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2005 6:25PM GMT
Surnames: Williams/Wallace/Nelson/Gardner
Fancy meeting you out here... the Tucker on Bermuda, Judith E. Mercer's Bermuda Settlers, had two sons one John Tucker who went to Charleston SC and another St,George Tucker who went to Va. There was a Norwood out on the Island doing sury. who has to be part of the Va. Norwoods who becomes the Mary Norwood who marries Joseph Outerbridge and the Joseph Nelson we know and love so well... Chuck just sent me the Wallace line y'all picked up a Greenville ..it had to have come frothe Wallace family Bible of Thomas C. Wallace and Grdmot. moore put thoses notes in it about her Aunt and her grd.father

Gail Swain (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jan 2005 9:27PM GMT
In the family Bible daughter Elizabeth Tucker marries Henry Sparrow and they come down to Wm S Sparrow who owned China Grove Plantation on Neuse River. So I honestly believe Henrietta Nelson Sparrow gave this Bible to my great-grandfather Joseph Nelson sometime before she left to go to High Point, NC. If you'll contact me privately I can give you e-mail address of direct Sparrow descendant who can then fill you in on the Tuckers too.

Posted: 30 Jun 2005 4:48PM GMT
Hi Gail,
In your Nelson bible, does it mention the name of Thomas
Mason's wife? I'm trying to trace my Wallace family and
wonder if perhaps your Masons tie into my Wallaces,
as we have a Thomas Mason Wallace born about 1816
in North Carolina. Does that year fit as a possible
connection?

Also, is there a James Tucker in the bible, born in Va.
about 1760? James is my brick wall in my Tucker line,
and it has been tossed about in the family that he had
Bermuda ties.

Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic