Search for content in message boards

Dr, Guy Eugene Hill

Dr, Guy Eugene Hill

Posted: 23 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Jul 2006 3:06AM GMT
Surnames: Sigal Bruce Hill
Looking for anyone who knew my father or grandfather in Waller Co. Dr. Hill was Doctor in Hempstead during the time from 1909 to the late 1930's. S. Bruce went to School in Hempstead graduated in 1933. I have letters from class mates he kept. Tommilynn

Re: Dr, Guy Eugene Hill

LELAND RUSSELL (View posts)
Posted: 12 Dec 2001 1:39AM GMT
DR HILL DELIVERED MY FATHER IN THE EARLY 192OS AND SAVED HIS LIFE SINCE HE WAS A 'BLUE' BABY. MY FATHER WAS NAMED FOR HIM AS GUY EUGENE RUSSELL. THERE IS A PUBLICATION THAT ALSO DOCUMENTS DR HILL, A HISTORY OF WALLER COUNTY.

Tommilynn Hill Reid (View posts)
Posted: 12 Dec 2001 2:46AM GMT
Surnames: Hill, Harris
Thank you so much for your information. Did Doctor Hill live in Hempstead or Fields Store at that time if you know?

Leland Russell (View posts)
Posted: 13 Dec 2001 6:20PM GMT
Dr G.E. Hill lived in Fields Store after moving from Edge, Texas and is living there in 1895 when he got married. He moved and started another practice in Hempstead in 1924.
I've got more info on him if interested. My interest was personal since my dad was named for him but and my ggrandfather, Dr John Cameron Russell also practiced in Spring, Brookshire and Hempstead and died in 1906.
You can email directly if you want.

Lynn Hill Reid (View posts)
Posted: 19 Dec 2001 8:42PM GMT
tsreid@pdq.net In Houston

Posted: 4 Jul 2013 3:09AM GMT
Surnames: Hill, Wallingford
An old thread, I know, but figured I'd add to it...

Dr. Hill delivered my father in Fields Store (Joseph) in 1913. Throughout his life, my father's best friend was Dr. Hill's son, Foy.

Foy was a barber, with a shop off Silber Road in Houston - we would go there throughout my childhood for haircuts - and for Foy and my Dad to play "remember the time" or "whatever happened to"...

Foy had lost all and parts of a number of fingers - that feeling of his mis-shaped hand holding my head as he gave me my haircut probably scarred my own childhood!

Nick Wallingford
nickw@beekeeping.co.nz
per page

Find a board about a specific topic